NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Xerox (NYSE:XRX) released its 2016 Global Citizenship Report today. The report demonstrates the progress Xerox is making to responsibly provide technology and business process services while helping clients and communities address the world’s greatest challenges.
Key accomplishments in the 2015 fiscal year include:
- Putting Customers First: Xerox is one of the world’s top innovators and leverages this on behalf of its customers. As an example, Xerox and the Florida Department of Transportation are rolling out a next-generation tolling system to drive operational efficiencies and provide a better customer experience for Floridians and visitors. The company’s efforts in shaping the Document Technology market continue to be recognized; for the eighth straight year it was named a market leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services.
- Doing Good Business: Named to “100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine.
- Diversity and Evolving the Workplace: In the U.S., 60 percent of Xerox’s employees are women, and women represent 32 percent of executive and senior-level managers. Minorities represent 48 percent of employees and 15 percent of executive and senior-level managers in the U.S.
- Preserving the Planet: Reduced energy consumption by 12 percent and cut emissions by 20 percent — that is 65,000 tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e) across worldwide sites.
- Caring for Communities: More than 2,500 non-profit organizations, colleges and universities received direct financial support from The Xerox Foundation through grants, matching gifts or community involvement activities.
Social Responsibility will continue to be a central theme after Xerox separates into two market-leading companies, Xerox and Conduent. That is the key message from Ursula Burns, Xerox CEO and chairman, in the 2016 Global Citizenship report released this week.
“For more than 50 years, Xerox’s citizenship initiatives have made a positive impact on the world,” says Burns. In the report, she writes, “Citizenship will continue to be integral to both companies when the company separates. Each will carry forward our values and culture, including a steadfast commitment to integrity, innovation, sustainability and community.”
The annual citizenship report also points out the many ways Xerox leverages technology to help its customers reduce their carbon footprint. One example, CompleteView™ Pro, is a tool in the managed print assessment process that analyzes printing use and costs. Using data analytics, the tool helps businesses better understand the environmental impact of print output such as power consumption and CO2 emissions by device and site.
Efforts inside the company include the use of energy-efficient technologies such as Emulsion Aggregation (EA) toner, which requires 30 to 35 percent less energy per pound to manufacture. Xerox also uses renewable energy sources to power facilities and engage in energy management and equipment upgrades such as utilizing outdoor pipes to cool process water in winter months.
Xerox is a charter partner of the ENERGY STAR® program; in fact, 100 percent of all new eligible Xerox product introductions meet ENERGY STAR® 2.0 requirements for Imaging Equipment.
For more information about Xerox’ citizenship activities, visit www.xerox.com/citizenship.
Xerox is helping change the way the world works. By applying our expertise in imaging, business process, analytics, automation and user-centric insights, we engineer the flow of work to provide greater productivity, efficiency and personalization. Our employees create meaningful innovations and provide business process services, printing equipment, software and solutions that make a real difference for our clients and their customers in 180 countries. On January 29, 2016, Xerox announced its plans to separate into two independent, publicly traded companies – Xerox Corporation, which will be comprised of the company’s Document Technology and Document Outsourcing businesses, and Conduent Incorporated, a business process services company. The company is on track to complete the separation by the end of 2016. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xerox, http://www.linkedin.com/company/xerox, http://simplifywork.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp or http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries. Conduent is a trademark of Xerox Business Services, LLC in the United States and/or other countries.