CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The 2016 International Women’s Forum (IWF) World Leadership Conference in Chicago (Sept. 28-30) will bring together a diverse network of global leaders from 40 nations to examine pressing world matters, including terrorism, the technology divide, the future of the economy and gender equality.
IWF’s annual leadership conferences aim to educate and inspire its members on topics impacting international progress, economic growth and business development. This year’s conference theme, “Crossroads of Change,” simultaneously celebrates the city of Chicago as a ‘crossroads’ where cultures constantly meet and prosper, while continuing to build upon IWF’s mission to inspire and connect women leaders of significant and diverse achievement.
"Known as The City that Works, Chicago has a unique legacy as a catalyst for new ideas in health care, technology, manufacturing, transportation, and architecture,” said Ana Dutra, IWF Chicago President, Conference Co-Chair and CEO of the Executives’ Club. “IWF Chicago is proud to welcome the largest IWF Global conference ever with a program designed to be a crossroads of thought-provoking speakers, panel discussions and shared adventures that reflect the spirit of our magnificent city.”
Select speakers include:
- Susana Malcorra, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Argentina; and former United Nations Under-Secretary General – to be inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame on Friday, September 30th
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Under-Secretary of the United Nations and Executive Director, UN Women – to be inducted into the IWF Hall of Fame on Friday, September 30th
- Kah Walla, Cameroonian politician and candidate for President in 2011; entrepreneur and social activist
- Elizabeth Lund, Vice President and General Manager, 777/747/767 Program & Everett Site, Boeing
- Stephen Attenborough, Director of Virgin Galactic
- Candace Rondeaux, Senior Program Officer at the US Institute of Peace and Director of the RESOLVE Network
- Michael Ortiz, Deputy Coordinator for Countering Violent Extremism, Ambassador with the U.S. Department of State
- Evelyn Diaz, President, Heartland Alliance; and former Commissioner of Chicago’s Department of Family and Support Services
“The IWF World Leadership Conference in Chicago will bring together 1000 women leaders from 40 nations to provide connection and in-depth insight for today’s toughest issues,” said IWF President & Merrill Lynch Managing Director, Teresa Weintraub. “Through leadership, influence and a concerted effort, IWF can harness the collective power of our global leaders. This is a critical point in time to ensure equity, access and opportunity for women. It is the great imperative regardless of industry, income, society or geography.”
About International Women’s Forum (IWF)
IWF is a singularly unique organization comprised of more than 6,400 of the world’s most dynamic, accomplished and visionary women who are dedicated to advancing better leadership around the world. These women of significant and diverse achievement span 34 nations, six continents, many careers and cultures, and yet are aligned in a commitment to change the face of global leadership. The IWF, a 365-day-a-year membership organization, shapes global conferences and training programs around the mission to build better leadership through training, mentoring and connectivity. Visit http://iwforum.org and follow on Twitter @IWFGlobal for more information.