Staring from 2012, UBI in China lags behind that in foreign countries. Hence, domestic UBI products are operated with reference to some foreign mature models. Various Chinese parties are actively promoting the development of UBI for now.
OEMs + Insurers
OEMs usually cooperate with third parties and insurers in UBI field, represented by SAIC Motor + Cihon + CPIC. SAIC Motor and CPIC give a personalized quota for car insurance on auto models carrying OnStar according to consumers' driving habits, mileage, and other factors. Cihon is responsible for data analysis and insurance model development.
For example, insurers will provide not only price discounts but also other services like emergency rescue, remote diagnosis, maintenance reservation, and weather & traffic conditions; with development of mobile phone hardware and the popularity of 4G network, mobile APP-based UBI will burgeon; driving habits and mileage will not be the only criteria for privileges, and age, gender, and devices installed on the vehicle will be taken into account when the discount is calculated.
UBI Industry Report, 2016-2020 focuses on the followings:
- UBI overview (definition, value, methods of acquisition, difficulties for UBI development in China);
- Foreign UBI markets (global; UBI in United States, Canada, UK, and Germany; 10 UBI companies and products in United States, Canada, UK, Germany, and Italy);
- UBI in China (future scale, drivers, players, trends);
- Local Chinese UBI companies (business, operation, and UBI products of China Life, PICC, Ping An Insurance, Zhong An Online P&C Insurance, Cihon, DiNA Technology, Shenzhen Dingran Information Technology, Shenzhen Autonet, Launch Tech, Renrenbao, Carsmart, MSD, and Deren Electronic)
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of UBI
2 Global Telematics Insurance Market
3 Car Insurance and UBI Localization in China
4 UBI Cases in Europe
5 UBI Cases and Companies in North America
6 UBI-related Companies in China
- China Life Property & Casualty Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Deren Electronic
- DiNA Technology
- Launch Tech
- Nanjing Renrenbao Network Technology Co., Ltd.
- PICC P&C
- Ping An Property & Casualty Insurance Co. of China
- Risk Network
- Shenzhen Autonet
- Shenzhen Dingran Information Technology
- State Farm
Zhong An Online P&C Insurance Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ws78m3/global_and_china
Related Topics: Automotive Insurance