DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Global Market for Hydrophobic, Superhydrophobic and Oleophobic Coatings and Surfaces " report to their offering.
There has been significant recent research and commercial activity in hydrophobic, superhydrophobic, oleophobic and omniphobic (HSO) coatings that demonstrate the ability to shed fluids quickly off of surfaces. Superhydrophobic sprays applied by the consumer are available in a number of markets including textiles and architectural coatings.
They are characterized by very high water and oil contact angles and are applied to a wide variety of surfaces and substrates, imparting anti-fingerprint, anti-soil, anti-fouling, self-cleaning, anti-icing, anti-microbial, easy-to-clean and anti-corrosion properties. Other properties that have been incorporated include transparency and colour, anisotropy, reversibility, flexibility and breathability (moisture vapor transfer).
Hydrophobic, superhydrophobic and oleophobic coatings offer a multitude of industrial benefits including:
- Anti-fingerprint coatings for optical surfaces such as displays and touch panels.
- Coatings that self-clean themselves from contamination by fingerprints, greasy smudges, makeup and other natural oils that are otherwise difficult to remove and which significantly deteriorate the view and appearance.
- Hydrophobic and olephobic precision optics.
- Encapsulation of moisture- and oxygen-sensitive electronics, such as OLED (organic light emitting device) lighting and displays, quantum dot films, photovoltaics, and flexible electronics.
Printed circuit board and semiconductor/semiconductor packaging.
- Anti-smudge and non-stick stainless steel components.
Coatings for household appliances and surfaces to prevent mould, fight
bacteria and hide fingerprints.
- Dirt resistant and anti-soiling (glass, ceramics, metal) coatings.
- Waterproof coatings for wood, stone, concrete and lacquer.
- Protection against graffiti.
Medical and healthcare:
- Biocidal hydrophobic coatings.
Anti-microbial coatings for use in hospitals where the potential
spread of bacterial infections creates a hazard.
Automotive and transportation:
- Anti-fogging and self-cleaning glass.
- Anti-stain and self-cleaning textiles in public transport.
Easy-to-clean and self- cleaning treatments for vehicle windscreens,
headlights and wheel rims.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Market Structure.
4 Market Segment Analysis, By Coatings Type.
5 Market Segment Analysis, By End User Market
6 Company Profiles (Over 160 profiles)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4css9w/the_global_market