This report provides:
- An overview of DSC solar technologies and their related global markets.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Advances in solar cell design, their incorporation on flexible substrates, the development of solid state modules, their enhanced stability in outdoor environments, and their scalable fabrication tools and techniques.
- Coverage of fabrication processes and design configurations of dye-solar modules including series connections, parallel connections, ball grid DSC, and combined series and parallel connected DSMs.
- A look at DSC modules, including transparency, light weight, flexibility, conformability, workability under low-light conditions, and easy integration in buildings as solar windows.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
Scope Of Report
The scope of this study encompasses the major DSC markets, according to region, through to 2014, with forecasts from 2015 to 2020.
This research analysis also compares DSCs against other commercialized solar technologies, such as monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon and thin-films (e.g., amorphous silicon, cadmium telluride, copper indium diselenide). Further, the report analyzes each technology - but will focus on DSCs and examine its current and potential efficiency - assess the current market status of each, examine their future market impact and give PV production and sales volumes for 2014, as well as projections during the period from 2015 to 2020.
Various technical issues are discussed and a thorough economic analysis of each technology and its impact on future growth is presented. We also examined the main areas where DSC applications show strong potential in the short and medium term, and conducted a comparison with other major PV technologies in the market: BIPV, PV production plants and integration into low-power consumer electronics.
In this report, we analyze the PV industry on a global basis, including manufacturing capacity and consumption by various regional markets. We also examine the research efforts of research centers and companies over PV technologies, in particular DSCs.
Key Topics Covered:
2: Executive Summary
- The Sun As An Inexhaustible Source Of Energy
- Photoelectrochemical Conversion Of Solar Energy
- Molecular Engineering Of Sensitizers For Conversion Of Solar Energy Into Electricity
- Optimization Of Redox Mediators And Electrolytes
- Solid-State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Incorporating Molecular Hole-Transporters
- Use Of Graphene In Dye Solar Cells
- Packaging Of Dye Solar Cells
- Scaling Up To Commercial DSC Production Levels
- Long-Term Stability - The Key To Industrial Success
- Manufacturing Of Dye Solar Cells
- Commercial Applications Of Dye Solar Cells
- How To Make High-Efficiency Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Scale-Up And Product Development Studies Of Dsc In Asia And Europe
4: Global Market For Solar Technology
- Solar Technology: The Global Market
5: DSC Versus Alternative PV Technologies
- DSM Manufacturing Costs
- Advantages Of DSC Technology Vs Previous Two Generations
6: Dye Solar Modules-From Laboratory To Commercial Development
- Dye Solar Cell/Modules As Electrochromic Windows
- Emergence Of Dye Solar Module Businesses
7: Current Research On Dye Solar Modules
- Fabrication Processes Of Dye Solar Modules
- Design Configurations Of Dye Solar Modules
8: Emerging Technologies And Patent Evaluation
- Fabrication Of Flexible Modules
- Emergence Of Solid-State DSMs
- Dye Solar Panels (DSPs)
- Emergence Of Alternative Designs
- Standards For DSMs
- Perovskite Solar Cells
- Technology Patent Evaluation
9: Company Profiles
- Commonwealth Scientific And Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Dyesol Ltd.
- Dyenamo AB
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne (EPFL)
- Eneos Co. Ltd.
- Energy Research Center Of The Netherlands (ECN)
- Exeger Sweden AB
- Fraunhofer Institute For Solar Energy Systems (ISE)
- Fujikura Ltd.
- G24 Power Ltd.
- Gunze Ltd.
- Industrial Technology Research Institute Of Taiwan (ITRI)
- Institute Of Plasma Physics, Chinese Academy Of Sciences
- Jtouch Corp.
- Korea Institute Of Science And Technology (Kist)
- Merck Kgaa
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills Co. Ltd.
- Ngk Spark Plug Co. Ltd.
- Oxford Photovoltaics
- Peccell Technologies Inc.
- Ricoh Ltd.
- Samsung SDI
- Sharp Corp.
- Shimane Institute Of Technology
- Solaronix SA
- Sony U.K. Technology Centre
- Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.
- Tata Steel Europe Ltd.
- Toyota/Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- 3G Solar Photovoltaics Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/63nwt6/dsc_solar