DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Gibraltar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019" report to their offering.
The 'The Insurance Industry in Gibraltar, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2019' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Gibraltarian insurance industry.
It provides key performance indicators such as written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, total assets, total investment income and retentions during the review period (2010-2014) and forecast period (2014-2019).
The report also analyzes distribution channels operating in the segment, gives a comprehensive overview of the Gibraltarian economy and demographics, and provides detailed information on the competitive landscape in the country.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on segment dynamics and competitive advantages, and profiles of insurers operating in the country. The report also includes details of insurance regulations, and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
- Attractive legal features related to insurance company licensing, establishment and the selling of products have attracted many captives and offshore insurers, such as Brit Insurance, Intercontinental Hotels and Tate & Lyle.
- Gibraltar's EU membership provides insurance passporting rights, which have been a key model for Gibraltarian insurers.
- The life segment declined at a review-period CAGR of -21.9%; however, it is projected to grow at a forecast-period CAGR of 16.9%.
- All types of insurance can be underwritten from Gibraltar, although motor insurance has a large share. Gibraltarian insurers tend to source business from the UK, while they write around 20% of motor insurance.
- The Gibraltarian construction industry grew during the review period, due to government and private investment in infrastructure, housing development, and land reclamation projects.
- Gibraltar has established itself as a leading destination for online gaming activities, which plays a significant role in the economy.
- Enterprise Insurance Co. Plc
- Argus Insurance Co. (Europe) Ltd
- Haven Insurance Co. Ltd
- Southern Rock Insurance Co. Ltd
- Red Sands Life Assurance Co. (Europe) Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tczlr3/the_insurance