DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Automotive Augmented Reality Market 2016-2020" report to their offering.
The report forecasts the global automotive augmented reality market to grow at a CAGR of 17.96% during the period 2016-2020.
Primary deficiencies of conventional HUDs:
- Irrelevant information and on-screen space clutter
- Inappropriate on-screen positioning or location
- Lack of situational information overlays
- Lack of interactivity
A trend which is having a big impact on the market is TFT to DMD evolution. Some of the notable highlights are:
- Continental has been using the TFT system in their HUDs to date. However, with the advent of AR, Continental aims to sharpen its images and add more animated graphics content to its HUD display.
- With this goal in mind, Continental has come up with its Innovative HUD, which features two display levels. There is a DMD instead of the existing mass-produced TFT technology. DMD is a movie projector industry-based product, which is integrated into the Continental's HUD system.
According to the report, one key driver among many in this market is the electrification of automotive mechanics. Currently automotive innovation is primarily driven by government regulations and to cater to the stringent government regulations, the automotive industry is relying more on electronics. Automotive is one of the major contributors of environmental pollution; hence, various governing bodies across the world have issued regulations to reduce vehicle emissions along with increasing fuel economy.
Further, the report states that one challenge that could adversely impact market growth is the high costs on unit sales of AR devices.
- MINI (BMW subsidiary)
Pioneer Electronics Corp.
Key Topics Covered:
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
PART 06: Market segmentation by geography
PART 07: Market segmentation by vehicle type
PART 08: Market segmentation by technology
PART 09: Market segmentation by product
PART 10: Market segmentation by end-user
PART 11: Market drivers
PART 12: Market challenges
PART 13: Impactful trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
PART 15: Key vendor analysis
PART 16: Appendix
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g48lfd/global_automotive