Smoking Addiction pipeline therapeutics constitutes close to 24 molecules. Out of which approximately 22 molecules are developed by Companies and remaining by the Universities/Institutes. Our latest report Smoking Addiction - Pipeline Review, H1 2016, outlays comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development for Smoking Addiction, complete with analysis by stage of development, drug target, mechanism of action (MoA), route of administration (RoA) and molecule type.
Smoking Addiction In smoking addiction, people experience an uncontrollable dependence on cigarettes, which on stopping will cause severe mental, emotional or physical reactions. People addicted to smoking develop tolerance to nicotine. Nicotine acts on acetylcholine receptors causing the body to react to nicotine at these receptors in the same manner as it responds to acetylcholine. This leads to alterations in the activity and physiological functions of many brain systems.
This causes structural and functional changes in the brains of smokers. Upon sudden nicotine withdrawal, the brain and other parts of the body get disturbed, leading to a condition called withdrawal syndrome. The body usually takes time to function in the absence of nicotine. The effects of smoking withdrawal stem from the lack of nicotine that can be overcome by nicotine replacement therapies such as the use of nicotine patch or nicotine chewing gum. The molecules developed by Companies in Phase II, Phase I, Preclinical, Discovery and Unknown stages are 6, 7, 7, 1 and 1 respectively. Similarly, the Universities portfolio in Preclinical and Discovery stages comprises 1 and 1 molecules, respectively.
Furthermore, this report also reviews of key players involved in therapeutic development for Smoking Addiction and features dormant and discontinued projects. Driven by data built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, company/university websites, clinical trial registries, conferences, SEC filings, investor presentations and featured press releases from company/university sites and industry-specific third party sources.
Key Topics Covered:
- Smoking Addiction Overview
- Therapeutics Development
- Pipeline Products for Smoking Addiction - Overview
- Pipeline Products for Smoking Addiction - Comparative Analysis
- Smoking Addiction - Therapeutics under Development by Companies
- Smoking Addiction - Therapeutics under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Smoking Addiction Products Glance
- Late Stage Products
- Clinical Stage Products
- Early Stage Products
- Smoking Addiction - Products under Development by Companies
- Smoking Addiction - Products under Investigation by Universities/Institutes
- Smoking Addiction - Companies Involved in Therapeutics Development
- Aradigm Corporation
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Astraea Therapeutics, LLC
- Bioprojet SCR
- Cerecor Inc.
- CoMentis, Inc.
- Embera NeuroTherapeutics, Inc.
- Euthymics Bioscience, Inc.
- Invion Limited
- Johnson & Johnson
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NAL Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Selecta Biosciences, Inc.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3ngptj/smoking_addiction