In May 2016, China's TiO2 price continues to move up. Successive leading domestic TiO2 manufacturers have raised their product prices by about USD77.44/t (RMB500/t). The author believes that the recovery of the domestic real estate market has been the key supporting factor behind the price rises and the recovering global market is also conducive to the recovery of the market.
Market dynamics of Titanium products in May 2016
The market price of ilmenite remains high, mainly because ilmenite manufacturers hold optimistic attitudes towards the future market. However, there have been few new orders this month. In Sichuan Province, influenced by the increasing prices of TiO2 and 38%-40% titanium concentrate, market conditions of ilmenite have improved.
- Titanium slag
The price rise of TiO2 has boosted the price of acid dissolved titanium slag. However, Market conditions of high titanium slag are essentially stable and both market price and operating rate remain low because operating rate of the titanium tetrachloride industry remains stable with no increase in the industry's demand for high titanium slag.
Imports and exports of TiO2
In March 2016, China's import & export volumes of TiO2 grew significantly, showing signs of recovery, mainly because the majority of domestic TiO2 manufacturers and dealers resumed operations after China's Lunar New Year.
In May 2016, Guangdong Huiyun and Zhejiang Shenji applied for entry into the New Third Board.
On 20 May, 2016, Chemours announced that its 200,000 t/a TiO2 project in Altamira, Mexico had begun production. This highly effective and low-cost new production line is expected to help Chemours further improve its TiO2 production efficiency.
Key Topics Covered:
- China's import & export volumes of TiO2 up markedly in March 2016
- China records MoM growth in import volume of ilmenite in March 2016
- TiO2 price moves up in China in May 2016
- Sichuan Lomon: unauthorized Lomon TiO2 products on Toodudu.com
- Chemours: new 200,000 t/a TiO2 project in Altamira put into production
- Anhui Annada makes USD26 million loss in Q1 2016
- Henan Billions achieves growth in revenue and net profit in Q1 2016
- Jilin GPRO: net profit soars by over 200% YoY in 2015
- Guangdong Huiyun applies for entry into New Third Board
- KRONOS loses USD3.80 million in Q1 2016
- Chemours: financial performance fall in Q1 2016
- CTIEC builds nano grade TiO2 project
- Henan Billions plans wholly-own subsidiary to engage in export of self-produced products
- China's titanium sponge industry recovering in 2016 with slight increases in both output and market price
- Zhejiang Shenji applies for entry into New Third Board
- AkzoNobel opens new decorative paint site in Sichuan China
- China Coating Industry University cultivates talents for domestic coating industry
- SKSHU to raise USD51.89 million to expand water-based coatings project
- First industrial standard for low-VOC solvent-based wood coatings released
- India develops TiO2 nanoparticles for waterless cleaning
- Henan Billions Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Lomon Titanium Co., Ltd.
- CNNC Hua Yuan Titanium Dioxide Co., Ltd.
- Guangdong Huiyun Titanium Industry Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Annada Titanium Industry Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6lblz9/titanium_dioxide
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.