MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE) today announced a new AdvantageMSP program to enable its channel partners to deliver fully managed enterprise wired and wireless services. The new program allows customers to rely on Aerohive partners to deliver the basics of connectivity while they focus on leveraging the business value of Wi-Fi with analytics and applications.
The AdvantageMSP program provides a set of tools, processes, and product capabilities that together enable channel partners, both traditional resellers and existing service providers, to deliver new high value services to their customers.
- Enterprise-grade wireless connectivity is mission-critical for many organizations, yet these organizations often struggle to find and retain the expertise required to run a typical wireless network. While Aerohive has significantly simplified network operations, some organizations want to go further and consume wireless as a utility, just like electricity and plumbing, instead of devoting valuable in-house resources to maintaining a network. This new demand presents an opportunity for network infrastructure channel partners to deliver increased value and achieve new incremental revenue by offering Wi-Fi as a service.
- Aerohive’s new AdvantageMSP program allows channel partners to offer fully managed wireless connectivity that is fast, secure, scalable, and reliable. AdvantageMSP channel partners receive optimized product capabilities and business processes that make it easy for them to introduce and deliver managed services without the operational overhead of other network solutions. Channel partners can further increase service value by leveraging Aerohive Cloud Services (ACS) to develop custom business and IT applications. Aerohive has created this program in consultation with global service providers, such as T-Systems, NCR, and Verizon, and industry specialists, such as GCI and Tekmark.
- Aerohive’s AdvantageMSP program supports both Management as a Service (MaaS) and Wireless as a Service (WaaS) business models. MaaS channel partners provide outsourced management of a customer-owned infrastructure using tools like hierarchical management and support. WaaS channel partners offer wireless networks on a subscription basis using the network as a new services-revenue platform.
- End customers working with Aerohive AdvantageMSP partners can experience high-performance, scalable, and reliable wireless infrastructure without needing to manage it themselves. This allows customers to focus resources instead on how mobility can best transform how they do business.
The Aerohive AdvantageMSP program enables a wide range of channel
partners, from existing MSPs to industry specialists, to easily adopt
a managed-services strategy. The program includes innovative new
business processes and builds on the capabilities of HiveManager® NG,
Aerohive’s cloud-enabled management solution for enterprises. Specific
program features include:
- Optimized business systems to simplify transactions and operations of managed service offerings, including Usage-Based Billing (UBB) and the ability to purchase hardware separate from software licenses.
- New hierarchical management tool within HiveManager NG that enables scalable management of multiple customers. The tool provides a centralized global view of multiple customers’ networks and detailed views of single customer networks.
- Role-based access to HiveManager NG that allows customers to maintain visibility of their network even if the day-to-day administration is outsourced.
- Auto-provisioning capabilities for access points and switches through HiveManager NG which enable channel partners to remotely deploy and configure networks, significantly reducing time and cost of service delivery across customers’ sites.
- Channel partners can provide additional value to their customers by leveraging the ACS Platform’s open APIs for monitoring, presence, location, and identity. With these APIs, AdvantageMSP partners can build custom business and IT applications to extend their services beyond the management and support of deployed hardware.
- Aerohive AdvantageMSP Program Information
- Aerohive AdvantageMSP Program Partner Website
- Outsource Your Wi-Fi with Aerohive AdvantageMSP Partners Video
- Outsourced Enterprise Wi-Fi Infographic
- General Communications Inc. case study
- Tekmark case study
“Aerohive has worked closely with Verizon to create a compelling managed Wireless as a Service offering that leverages Aerohive’s unique strengths in combination with the Verizon network and services,” said Jean-Francois Labourdette, senior manager, Advanced Network Engineering Group, Verizon Enterprise Solutions.
“Aerohive and T-Systems have worked together to create a unique secure cloud based managed WLAN offering for T-Systems customers called Net-Based LAN Services which combines the capabilities of Aerohive with the power and reach of T-Systems,” said Christian Barbe, head of in-house services, T-Systems International GmbH.
“IntraSystems was seeking to add a managed wireless services offering to our IntraCloud portfolio of managed offerings and after exploring other vendors we’re excited to select Aerohive and its AdvantageMSP program,” said Paul Kunze, vice president of sales and marketing, IntraSystems. “The Aerohive offering is clearly ahead of the competition on understanding the needs of VARs to include managed wireless services in their portfolios with the capability of enhancing these services with value-add options. Aerohive enables IntraSystems by moving the wireless platform to a successful business platform.”
“The Aerohive Advantage MSP program is a natural extension to our program as we work to add incremental and enhanced business value through new and innovative joint services offerings,” said Michael O’Brien, vice president of global channels, Aerohive Networks. “Our team has worked to design and deliver a flexible set of MSP offerings that brings a new and exciting business proposition to VARs and MSPs of all sizes and complexities.”
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding new Aerohive product and service offerings and statements regarding their expected performance, market receptiveness and competitive advantage. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult or impossible to predict. The actual outcomes and results may differ materially from those contemplated by these forward-looking statements as a result of these uncertainties, risk and changes in circumstances, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: our ability to continue to attract, integrate, retain and train skilled personnel, general demand for wireless networking in the industry verticals targeted or demand for Aerohive products in particular, unpredictable and changing market conditions, risks associated with the deployment, performance and adoption of new products and services, risks associated with our growth, competitive pressures from existing and new companies, technological change, product development delays, our inability to protect Aerohive intellectual property or to predict or limit exposure to third party claims relating to its or Aerohive's intellectual property, and general market, political, regulatory, economic and business conditions in the United States and internationally.
Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Aerohive’s financial and operating results are included under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," in the Company’s recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q. Aerohive’s SEC filings are available on the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website at http://ir.aerohive.com and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof, and Aerohive Networks disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements provided to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date on which they were made, except as required by law.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Milpitas, CA. For more information, please visit http://www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community, or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” and “HiveManager” are registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.