The oil price crash has sparked economic turmoil and has shaken the entire oil and gas industry value chain. Pump manufacturers are definitely feeling the effects. This research service analyzes current and future trends in the global pumps market in the oil and gas industry, based on usage in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors.
The market is segmented into centrifugal and positive displacement pumps. Market drivers and restraints and their impact over the 2016 to 2020 forecast period are discussed in detail. The study analyzes the competitive structure and discusses the post-recession impact on end users in North America, Latin America, Europe and Russia, the Middle East and Africa, and Asia-Pacific. The base year is 2015.
Key Trends Affecting the Market
Upstream: Decline in Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) and Shale Production
- In 2016, for the first time in the past 3 decades, end users will cut CAPEX investment for a second year in a row. The decline in CAPEX, along with the projected decline of US shale oil production, will help stabilize prices in the last quarter of 2016.
Downstream: Make Hay While the Sun Shines
- With low-priced oil and increasing demand for gasoline, US refineries are running at record capacity; new CAPEX investments will boost pump sales in 2016. Asia-Pacific (APAC) and the Middle East will invest in new refining capacity and experience the largest opportunity during the forecast period.
Oil and Gas Continues to Hurt Process Equipment
- The oil price rout will have a significant impact on the market in the short term. This is expected to affect the pumps market as oil and gas is the largest end-user segment. Prices are expected to stabilize after 2018, and the market will slowly return to normal.
- North American shale oil and gas producers are primarily impacted, which has significantly affected the process equipment market.
- Latin America (LATAM), already experiencing political and economic woes, also has been significantly impacted.
- The Middle East, especially Saudi Arabia, is focused on increasing production and provides the short-term opportunity for process equipment.
- APAC is moderately impacted as major countries in the region are large oil and gas importers.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints - Total Pumps Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
4. Forecasts and Trends - Total Pumps Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis - Total Pumps Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
6. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications - Total Pumps Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
7. CEO's 360 Degree Perspective - Total Pumps Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
8. Centrifugal Pumps Segment Breakdown
9. Positive Displacement Pumps Segment Breakdown
10. North America Breakdown
11. LATAM Breakdown
12. Europe and Russia Breakdown
13. MEA Breakdown
14. APAC Breakdown
15. The Last Word
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f3s3rt/global_pumps