PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast Business announced today that six businesses from across the U.S. – three entrepreneurs and three startup businesses – have been named grand prize winners in the “Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs” contest, a national competition that awards cash and consultation services to the selected winners who submitted entries explaining how they could expand on or modify technology to help enhance their business.
The grand prize winners come from a wide range of industries and locations across the U.S.:
- CAVU Biotherapies, Inc – Houston, TX – A veterinary onco-biotechnology company.
- Hall Brands LLC – Tigard, OR – A family-owned business that produces a baked cheese snack called Chedz.
- Kidsports – Stoughton, MA – A children’s facility offering an indoor play center and a state-licensed child care center.
- Marketplace New England, Inc – Concord, NH – An innovative gift shop providing a wholesale model market for emerging and established craftspeople.
- VR Therapy and Counseling Center, LLC – Grand Rapids, MI – A provider of mental health services for individuals, couples, and families using a multi-sensory virtual reality system.
- Westlight Studios – Franklin, TN – A member-based photography and video studio created to help photographers use professional facilities without the overhead.
Each grand prize winner will receive a $20,000 cash award as well as a trip to Comcast headquarters in Philadelphia where they will consult with teams of business innovation experts on how to implement their technology plan. This year’s roster includes 15 experts who will cover the topics of financials, business planning, operations and technology, growth strategy and marketing.
Many of last year’s experts, including Robert Irvine, celebrity chef and restaurateur, and Anita Campbell, founder and CEO of Small Business Trends, are returning to work with this year’s winners. In addition, there will be several new experts, including Chuck Sacco, MBA and Orly Zeewy, both of the Charles D. Close School of Entrepreneurship at Drexel University.
Previously, 30 regional winners of the contest (including one entrepreneur and one startup from each of the 15 Comcast Business regions) won a $10,000 cash award. With the additional $20,000 granted to grand prize winners, the final six businesses now each have a total of $30,000 to use for technology that creates innovative ways to connect with customers, manage back office operations more efficiently, or create a new line of business.
About Comcast Business
Comcast Business offers Ethernet, Internet, Wi-Fi, Voice, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organizations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by a next-generation, advanced network, and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market; recognized over the last two years by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
For more information, call 866-429-3085. Follow on Twitter @ComcastBusiness and on other social media networks at http://business.comcast.com/social.