LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aviva, the leading insurance and savings business in the UK and Ireland, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE:GWRE), a provider of software products to general insurers, today announced that Aviva has selected Guidewire ClaimCenter® as its new claims management system for all its claims administration.
Experience gained from the deployment and use of ClaimCenter for its commercial lines business made Aviva comfortable in extending the system to its personal lines portfolio. Extensive use and re-use of Guidewire technology in both direct and broker commercial business will allow for faster deployment on a phased basis in the coming months.
“Claims handling can be a significant differentiator for a profitable business,” commented Rob Townend, Claims Director, Aviva UK. “Moving to a single platform with Guidewire’s core processing product, ClaimCenter, is a worthwhile investment decision that will underpin more flexibility and innovation for Aviva.”
ClaimCenter will enable Aviva to:
- Work in a range of innovative new ways, supported by a unified claims management platform;
- Automate routine processes and provide claims handlers with better control, better insight, and enable better decision-making capabilities;
- Increase data insight for reduced leakage and risk recovery; and
- Employ more operational flexibility in organising work across business units.
“Supporting our customer has been at the forefront of our technology choice,” said Nicholas Rhatigan, Claims Business Lead, Aviva UK. “Whether it is for our commercial or personal business, a simplified, single customer journey from a single handling system is our philosophy.”
“Aviva has been a Guidewire customer since 2012,” remarked Keith Stonell, managing director, EMEA, Guidewire Software. “We are very pleased that they have chosen to expand the use of ClaimCenter to their personal lines business and look forward to supporting them as they deliver a high-quality, differentiated claims service.”
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide.
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £289 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £30.7 billion in benefits and claims in 2015.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire delivers the software general insurers need to adapt and succeed in a time of rapid industry change. We combine three elements – core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement – into a technology platform that enhances insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. More than 200 general insurers around the world have selected Guidewire. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com. Follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
NOTE: Guidewire, Guidewire Software, Guidewire ClaimCenter, Guidewire PolicyCenter, and Guidewire BillingCenter are registered trademarks of Guidewire Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.