DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) Market Size, Share, Development, Growth and Demand Forecast to 2022 - Industry Insights by Type (Dry AMD, and Wet AMD), by Drug (Lucentis, Eylea, Visudyne, Avastin and Others)" report to their offering.
The global age-related macular degeneration market accounted for revenue of $5,335.7 million in 2015, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2016 - 2022. Among the various types, the wet AMD segment is expected to witness the faster growth during the forecast period. The global age-related macular degeneration market is growing at a significant rate, due to growing geriatric population, and increasing prevalence of age-related macular degeneration. In addition, increasing prevalence of lifestyle associated diseases such as obesity and hypertension, increasing healthcare expenditure and increasing pipeline drugs for AMD are also driving the growth of the global age-related macular degeneration market.
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is an acquired retinal disorder indicated by fundus changes. It is one of the most common forms of visual impairment in the geriatric population. It is a deterioration or degeneration of macular, leading to vision loss among people aged 60 years and above. The macula is a small part of retina responsible of sharpness and central vision.
- Alimera Sciences, Inc.
- Bayer Ag.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Glaxosmithkline Plc
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novartis Ag
- Ophthotech Corporation
- Regeneron Pharmaceutical, Inc.
1. Research Scope and Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Outlook
4. Drug Approval Process in The U.S. and Eu
5. Global Age-Related Macular Degeneration Market Size and Forecast (2012 - 2022)
6. Global Age-Related Macular Degeneration Market, by Type
7. Global Age-Related Macular Degeneration Market, by Geography
8. Competitive Positioning Analysis
9. Company Profiles and Strategic Developments
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6vgzmv/global