The report, Global Contract Logistics 2016, provides a comprehensive overview of the market including, for the first time in the series, a dedicated chapter on the adoption of technology throughout the industry.
- Before implementing technology solutions, LSPs must have a clear understanding of the information and data required at the strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Sophisticated technology systems are no longer reserved for those with the largest budgets. Even the smallest LSPs can implement effective technology solutions given the proper understanding of their requirements.
- With greater data sharing, traditional barriers between operation and support departments within companies have been reduced greatly. As a consequence, these new work flow processes throughout the entirety of the supply chain require new platforms.
- Transition from legacy systems will require a huge amount of investment and, in some cases, could realistically expect to cost millions of dollars, much or which may never be recovered.
- Successes for many LSPs rely heavily on the level of visibility they have within their own supply chains from procurement all the way through to final delivery.
- APL Logistics
- DB Schenker Logistics
- DHL Supply Chain
- Fiege Logistik
- Kuehne + Nagel
- Penkse Logistics
- SNCF Logistics
- Toll Global Logistics
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions
- XPO Logistics
- Yusen Logistics
2.0 Contract logistics market overview
3.0 Technology in contract logistics
4.0 Ethical and sustainable supply chain strategies
5.0 Contract logistics market analysis by vertical sector
6.0 Market size and forecasts
7.0 Financial review
8.0 Profiles of major contract logistics providers
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n56w33/global_contract