This research service on the Brazilian cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) market provides detailed market forecasts, drivers and restraints, as well as competitive analyses of participants from 2015 to 2021. It covers the top verticals in the Brazilian M2M market including finance, such as card payment point-of-sale (PoS) terminals; automotive, such as fleet management, telematics, and connected car services; and utilities, including electricity smart metering. Additionally, it provides lines in service (LIS) forecasts and market trends for each vertical.
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) communications is beginning to emerge as a relevant revenue source for telcos in Latin America and fulfill its long-promised growth potential. Withubiquitous connectivity becoming the norm globally and the Internet of Things (IoT) starting to become a reality, the time is ripe for carriers to fully invest in this innovative new business.
- In the meantime, demand for the service is still limited to a few basic connectivity applications, such as mobile-enabled point-of-sale (PoS) card payment terminals and as a backup for the GPS tracking of commercial vehicle fleets, which represent the bulk of currently active connections. However, the applications are dominated by a small number of large, national participants.
- This intense competition, vying for a limited number of clients, has led carriers to adopt increasingly aggressive prices, pushing margins to the limit. In order to bring ARPL back up, carriers are counting on the launch of management platforms for their M2M services. Although clients see the value of such solutions, demand and willingness to pay extra for the service is limited.
- Among fleet management service providers and some M2M brokers, telcos' delay in offering M2M management platforms means these companies have already developed their own solutions better adapted to their needs. So far, only Vivo, Vodafone, and Porto Seguro Conecta have already launched basic solutions.
- Carriers in Brazil are also beginning to expand their portfolios for verticalized solutions, with a focus in more consumer-oriented applications such as connected cars, personal care, and smart homes.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Drivers and Restraints-Total M2M Market
4. Forecasts and Trends-Total M2M Market
5. Market Share and Competitive Analysis-Total M2M Market
6. Vertical Analysis
7. Conclusions and Future Outlook
- Porto Seguro Conecta
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5x3wp4/_2015_brazilian