BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
- Total revenue was $115.9 billion. On a constant currency basis, total revenue was $119.4 billion, an increase of 4.0%.
- Walmart U.S. delivered positive comp sales for the seventh consecutive quarter, up 1.0%, driven by the sixth consecutive quarter of positive traffic, up 1.5%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 7.1%. Customer experience scores continued to improve.
- Net sales at Walmart International reached $28.1 billion. Excluding currency, net sales were $31.6 billion, an increase of 4.3%, and operating income increased 22%.
- Globally, on a constant currency basis, e-commerce sales and GMV increased 7.0% and 7.5%, respectively.
- Operating cash flow was $6.2 billion and free cash flow was $4.0 billion, both higher than last year due to solid operating performance and improved working capital management.
- Consolidated operating income declined 7.1%, as planned investments in people and technology, as well as currency exchange rate fluctuations impacted results. Excluding currency, operating income decreased by 4.6%.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,527 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Along with this press release, Walmart makes available a recorded call with executive leaders and a financial presentation to review the business results, provide strategic updates, and comment on expectations for the future. We provide that call in both audio form and in a written transcript. Details on accessing the call are as follows: