DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Orthotic and Prosthetic (O&P) Devices - US Analysis and Market Forecasts" report to their offering.
The global orthotics and prosthetics (O&P) market, which includes braces and supports and prosthetic devices, is an expansive market covering a broad range of indications. Braces and supports, external devices that provide support to joints and weakened musculoskeletal groups to facilitate function and healing, are utilized prominently in osteoarthritis management; fracture, sprain, strain, and tear treatment; and prophylactic sports use. For this report, prosthesis use is focused on a single indication: extremity amputation.
The growing global aging population and subsequent rise in the prevalence of diseases that primarily affect the elderly, including diabetes, vascular disease, and osteoarthritis, as well as the increase in adoption of braces and supports for non-invasive treatment, particularly in fracture management and post-operative rehabilitation, are expected to drive growth in the O&P market. Emerging O&P technologies focus on improving patient comfort and functionality to facilitate increased product adoption.
This report examines O&P device adoption and challenges faced by current competitors in the US. The analysis also identifies unmet needs in the market, specifies the major drivers and barriers to device adoption, and provides an understanding of physician perception and outlook with an overall emphasis on current and future industry trends in the US.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future O&P market outlook in the US market? What trends are affecting this O&P market?
- Which are the key, high growth markets that O&P manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
- What are the unmet needs with O&P products currently on the market? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications influence a physician to use one type of brace or prosthetic device over another? What is physician perception and market outlook of O&P?
- What are the challenges and complications of O&P that have hindered widespread adoption?
- With developing the next-generation of O&P products, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global O&P market?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Tables & Figures
3 Industry Overview
4 Unmet Needs
5 Market Drivers, Barriers, and Opportunities
6 Competitive Assessment
7 Pipeline Assessment
8 Clinical Trials to Watch
9 Current and Future Players
10 Strategic Competitive Assessment
11 Market Outlooks by Geography
BSN Medical GmbH
DeRoyal Industries, Inc.
DJO Global, Inc.
Medi GmbH & Co. KG
Ottobock HealthCare GmbH
Spinal Technology, Inc.
Touch Bionics Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zjpcp3/orthotic_and