NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has been named to Working Mother’s 2016 Best Companies for Multicultural Women list, which recognizes companies in the U.S. that exemplify best practices in hiring, retaining and promoting women of color.
Working Mother recognized Accenture for its leadership development programs, mentors, coaches and sponsors. The ranking noted that at least 95 percent of the company’s managers have taken part in diversity training.
“We are delighted to receive this recognition from Working Mother,” said Julie Sweet, Accenture’s group chief executive – North America. “We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where our people can be successful, both professionally and personally. We believe our diversity makes us stronger, smarter and more innovative, helping us better serve the needs of our clients, our people and our communities.”
Earlier this year Accenture reported, for the first time, the demographics of its US workforce for gender, ethnicity, persons with disabilities and veterans. “We believe that transparency creates trust and, going forward, we will report annually on our progress across these areas of diversity,” Sweet said. The company also is working toward its goal to grow its percentage of women new hires to at least 40 percent worldwide by 2017.
Working Mother’s Best Companies for Multicultural Women marks the latest in U.S. diversity recognition for Accenture over the past several months, including:
- No. 15 on DiversityInc’s 2016 Top 50 Companies for Diversity – the company’s 5th consecutive year in the top 15.
- Inclusion on Working Mother’s 100 Best Companies list for the 13th consecutive year.
- Recognition on the National Association for Female Executives’ (NAFE) 2016 Top Companies for Executive Women list for the fifth time.
- Recognition on three Fairygodboss Best Companies for Women lists.
- No. 13 on Fatherly’s 50 Best Places to Work for New Dads in 2016.
- Recognition on G.I. Jobs’ Military Friendly Employers and Military Times’ Best for Vets: Employers 2016
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at Accenture visit accenture.com.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.