DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Form I-9 and E-Verify, getting and staying compliant" webinar to their offering.
Employers are required to complete an I-9 form for every person they hire and to update these forms when necessary. Periodically, the DHS, the Department of Labor and the Justice Department send Notices of Inspection to employers to audit their I-9 forms. If the I-9 forms are not completed correctly, an employer may be fined even if all their employees are legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Beginning on May 7, 2013, all employers were required to use the newly released Form I-9. The new Form I-9 is longer and more complex than the previous version and comes with new rules affecting which documents may be used to verify the employment eligibility of workers. There are also new instructions and additional data fields for employees and employers. During this webinar participants identify the changes to the form and improve I-9 compliance overall. Whether your employees complete Form I-9 centrally or on the job site, this webinar is a must for anyone who is responsible for completing and signing Form I-9.
Implementing Form I-9 compliance and best practices while limiting your company's liability is a challenge faced by many employers. To help, DHS has posted links to various online resources. As good as these short videos are, I-9 compliance is a complex procedure, and although the videos do a great job in introducing employers to the basics, there are hundreds of technicalities that are not covered in their videos.
Also, many rules for completing I-9 forms are not listed in the law or even in the USCIS regulations. When can an H-1B employee who is changing jobs start working for the new employer? What forms does he have to present to show that he is authorized to be employed for I-9 purposes? These type of questions are not covered in the videos.
- Payroll and accounting managers
- Payroll processing professionals
- Employers and Business owners
- Human Resources Specialists and managers
- E-Verify Users
- Anyone interested in learning about the Form I-9
- Up-to-date I-9 compliance requirements
- Basic I-9 document review
- Recognize the effect of the new Form I-9 on hiring managers and field personnel;
- Understand the new rules for acceptable documents used to verify employment eligibility;
- E-Verify - Pros & Cons
- Understand the impact the new Form I-9 will have on the use of E-Verify;
- Conducting a self-audit of your I-9 process
- How to avoid the common errors and omissions, including recordkeeping errors
- Update on Upcoming ICE I-9 audits
- Penalties for non-compliance
- Understanding Civil & Criminal Penalties
- Walking the fine line between vigilance and illegal overstep when seeking proof of citizenship
- Establish best practices for reducing risks and correcting errors when using the new Form I-9.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fbzx7z/form_i9_and