LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Otis Spunkmeyer, a pioneer in the fresh-baked cookie business since the 1970’s, today announced its new retail line of 20 conveniently pre-packaged sweet snacks that proudly tout “No Funky Stuff”, a promise of better ingredients in its foods. The new consumer-focused retail line includes delicious snack cakes, loaf cakes, mini muffins, mini cupcakes, and cookies in a variety of classic flavors.
“Otis Spunkmeyer cookies have been a consumer favorite for 35 years, but until recently have only been offered through our food service business,” said Kristina Dermody, President of Otis Spunkmeyer. “We are thrilled to now expand our offerings to grocery chains, and also increase our line to include an array of 20 new treats so people can indulge in our favorite snacks whenever they want!”
With this new line of sweet treats, the brand has committed to “better-for-you” ingredients that have a superior, home-made taste. The new Otis Spunkmeyer retail line also promises “No Funky Stuff,” meaning all foods are made without artificial flavors or colors, high fructose corn syrup, or partially hydrogenated oils. Additionally, all snacks are individually wrapped, making them the perfect on-the-go snack option for consumers.
“We respect that shoppers are savvier than ever, which is why we worked to develop a food line that is truly different among the competitive sector and provides a more transparent approach to baked goods,” says Jonathan Davis, Sr. Vice President of Innovation at ARYZTA North America. “Our commitment to “No Funky Stuff” ensures that the Otis Spunkmeyer line of sweets is delivering a superior tasting treat that people love and want to indulge in.”
The full Otis Spunkmeyer retail line of foods include the following categories:
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Loaf Cakes: Moist, delicious cakes available in iced lemon and cinnamon crumb. SRP $3.49-4.49.
- Otis Spunkmeyer Crème Cakes: Delicious spongy cake with a sweet vanilla or caramel center. Available in golden crème and chocolate crème with caramel. SRP $3.49-4.49
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frosted Crème Cakes: Fluffy golden cake filled with sweet cream and a thick layer of vanilla or strawberry icing. Available in golden with strawberry, frosted golden, and chocolate frosted with caramel. SRP $3.49-4.49
Muffins, Mini Muffins and Mini Cupcakes
- Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins: These new muffins are made with real fruit! Available in blueberry and banana. SRP $3.49-4.49
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Muffins: Mini bite-sized muffins for a lighter splurge! Available in blueberry, banana and chocolate chip. SRP: $3.49-4.69
- Otis Spunkmeyer Mini Cupcakes: Bite-sized cupcakes filled with vanilla sweet crème. Available in golden and chocolate. SRP $3.49-4.49
Cookies, Super Cookies and Frozen Cookie Dough
- Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies: Original treats now available in three classic flavors: Chocolate chunk, oatmeal raisin and double chocolate. SRP $3.49-4.49
- Otis Spunkmeyer Super Cookies: A giant, bakeable (9” diameter) cookie that comes in its own oven pan for warming. Available in chocolate chip and double chocolate. SRP $6.99
- Otis Spunkmeyer Frozen Cookie Dough: Our frozen cookie dough comes in a re-sealable pouch so consumers can make a fresh cookie in minutes. Available in chocolate chip. SRP: $3.49-4.49
Otis Spunkmeyer is available at grocery stores nationwide including Walmart, and also sold online via Amazon Fresh. The brand is expected to continue growth across most major grocery and club stores throughout 2016.
About Otis Spunkmeyer:
Otis Spunkmeyer®, an ARYZTA® brand, has been a pioneer in the fresh-baked cookie business and a leader in the sweet baked goods industry for more than 35 years. Otis Spunkmeyer began in 1977 as a California chain of retail cookie stores, and soon expanded its business to foodservice operators, offering a fresh-baked cookie program complete with ovens and merchandising tools. As the #1 selling foodservice cookie dough in America, Otis Spunkmeyer has taken their famous cookies, along with 20 new delicious sweet treats – muffins, mini cupcakes, snack cakes and loaf cakes – into retail, rolling out this year. For more information on Otis Spunkmeyer and the new retail line, please visit www.otisspunkmeyer.com.