PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--issuu, a modern media company that allows content creators and publishers to create professional-level digital publications around areas of passion, today announced the launch of “Collaborate,” which enables editors to streamline the publishing process. Accessed as part of the Optimum subscription plan on the issuu platform, Collaborate is the easiest way for independent media teams to work together and plan publications anytime, anywhere.
A recent survey of over 1,300 publishers conducted by issuu found that 64% of publishing teams work from different locations. As global publishing teams that operate remotely and digitally become more common, editors need a simpler way for multiple contributors to work together, plan and produce publications. issuu Collaborate eliminates the need for multiple collaboration and creation services (including emails, spreadsheets, and file sharing services) by enabling editors to use a suite of integrated tools within issuu.
Collaborate features include:
- Flatplan: Create your layout, see an instant overview of your publication and move pages around easily
- Collaborate on content: Add contributors who can add content, upload files and edit as permitted so you always have the most up to date assets in one place and in the context of the article
- InDesign integration: Pull content from the flatplan into corresponding pages in Adobe InDesign® and push the finished layout back to the team for feedback
- Review articles: Track changes, compare versions, attach files and easily add contributors
- Proof layouts: Preview, comment on and approve layouts
- Manage ads: Track inventory, place ads on the flatplan and gather ad assets
- Notification and status tracking: Track status to stay on deadline and always see the latest version of your publication
- Tablet-ready: Works on desktop and tablet
“We understand the unique needs of small to medium businesses and independent media editorial teams in producing publications. Collaborate solves these very specific requirements,” said Joe Hyrkin, CEO, issuu. “Collaborate allows us to provide editors with streamlined and cutting-edge tools to manage the creation process from start to finish, removing a big pain point for remote digital teams who rely on collaboration to run their publications.”
“I couldn’t produce the amount of articles with our army of contributors for the magazines that we publish each year without issuu Collaborate,” said Gabi Mills, editorial director at Premium Publishers. “It’s an invaluable sharing hub for all our titles – and a great way too of being able to work out future publications at the planning stage when I need to insert ad and editorial ratios in a visual way.”
issuu Collaborate is currently available on a subscription basis for subscribers to issuu’s Optimum plan. For more information visit http://issuu.com/collaborate.
issuu is a modern media company that allows content creators and publishers to create fresh, professional-level digital publications around areas of passion. issuu connects publishers with more than 100 million monthly visitors and provides the infrastructure to manage everything including distribution, discoverability, engagement, monetization, workflow and collaboration. Headquartered in Palo Alto, issuu was established in 2006.