CAVAILLON, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
ID Logistics (Paris:IDL), a French leader in the contract logistics market, reported 1st quarter of 2016 revenues of €221.5 M, up 3.4% from the same period last year (+9.6% on Like-for-like).
Eric Hémar, Chairman and CEO of ID Logistics, commented: "ID Logistics performed well in this 1st quarter of 2016 confirming the healthy growth dynamics of its domestic and international activities, notably with strong showing in e-commerce. While our international activities, faced with increased exchange rate volatility, particularly in Brazil and Argentina, reported a negative currency impact in the first three months of this year, we are continuing to build commercial momentum in all our key markets."
|in millions of euros||Q1 2016||Q1 2015||Var.||Like-for-like change*|
|221.5||214.3||+3.4 %||+9.6 %|
*at constant exchange rates
GROWTH IN 1Q2016 REVENUES
In France, revenues amounted to €133.3 M, up 9.6% compared with the 1st quarter of 2015. This sequential improvement was essentially driven by the start-up of new contracts launched at the end of 2015, in particular:
- in e-commerce with Auchan Direct in the greater Paris region,
- in Fashion logistics with Auchan with the implementation of a warehouse exporting to European markets,
- in FMCG with Panzani.
Business activity benefited from a positive volume effect, particularly in March.
International revenues amounted to €88.2 M down by -4.9% over the same period in 2015. The unfavorable currency impact over the period, mainly attributable to the Brazilian real and Argentinian peso, amounted to around €12M in the 1st quarter. At constant exchange rates, quarterly growth turned in at +9.6%. Good momentum of international activities was primarily due to full-year impact of new contracts initiated in 2015 in Russia, in the Netherlands and in Spain. Outside Europe, the Group benefited from the roll-out throughout 2015 of its South African activities.
In France, ID Logistics has won sizeable new contracts during this first quarter :
- ID Logistics will before summer of 2016 take over management of a 25,000 m2 site for Lapeyre (Saint Gobain Distribution) and will be in charge of logistics for the retailer’s entire range of products (flooring, bathroom, kitchen, windows) destined for the stores located at the North of the Loire river.
- The Group has also been selected by Carrefour to manage a 20,000 m2 site specialized in fresh produce activities for 460 convenience stores in the South East Paris region.
- ID Logistics continues to enhance its co-packing offer by extending its partnership with Pepsico or Panzani to deliver tailored services of promotional kits, special packs, or plastic filming wrapping or bagging.
Group’s international subsidiaries showed strong growth in business development over the period :
- In Spain, the Group has just won two Fashion e-commerce contracts:
- extending its partnership with leading fashion retailer Cortefiel by opening a new dedicated platform of 25,000 m2;
- signing up with leading department store El Corte Inglés for the management of one new fashion section of its website.
- In China, ID Logistics is starting up activity in its new 32,000 m² warehouse for Carrefour in the Dongguan region which will ship and deliver to 30-odd supermarkets, most of them located in the Guangzhou and Shenzhen regions. The Group will there set up the same vocal picking system translated in Mandarin as the one currently operating in the first warehouse in Shanghai.
- In the Netherlands, the Group has announced the opening of Kawasaki’s European motorbike platform as soon as next September.
In addition to new contracts and competitive wins recorded in the 1st quarter of 2016, ID Logistics continues to process a high volume of calls for tender and experience strong commercial momentum, despite a mixed economic environment between mature European countries and major emerging countries.
Release of 2nd quarter 2016 revenues after markets close on July 26, 2016,
ABOUT ID LOGISTICS
ID Logistics is an international contract logistics group, with revenue of €930.8 million in 2015. ID Logistics has more than 200 sites across 14 countries, representing close to 4 million square meters of warehousing facilities in Europe, Latin America, Asia and Africa, and 15,000 employees. With a client portfolio balanced between retail, industry, detail picking and e-commerce sectors, ID Logistics delivers high-tech solutions and is firmly committed to sustainable development. ID Logistics is listed on Compartment B of NYSE Euronext’s regulated market in Paris (ISIN Code: FR0010929125). The Group is managed by Eric Hémar.