This comprehensive report analyzes the lyophilized injectables market and they key topics all market participants should be aware. It considers current and future drivers, challenges and opportunities, providing readers with an unrivalled understanding of this market.
The inherent instability of protein drugs is a limitation that has a direct impact on the drug delivery sector. Therapeutic proteins must either be stored under special conditions or formulated to retain their efficacy from the time of manufacture until they are dispensed. Liquid protein drugs require refrigeration until dispensed - a requirement referred to as the cold chain'.
Alternatively, proteins can be formulated as powders (lyophilization). Lyophilized proteins must be reconstituted prior to injection. Lyophilized drugs are sold with reconstitution vial systems, or packaged in special injection devices (e.g., pens, needle-free injectors, two-part syringes) that allow reconstitution to take place in the device prior to injection.
Key Topics Covered:
- Provides detailed analysis of lyophilized drugs, as-supplied packaging and therapeutic indication
- Analyzes therapeutic demand drivers and evaluates lyophilized drugs in eleven therapeutic areas
- Analyzes lyophilization technologies and market development issues
- Provides market data and forecasts to 2020
- Profiles market participants, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
- Assesses the importance of technology and regulatory factors on commercialization and market access
1. Executive Summary
2. The Market Opportunity
3. Lyophilized Drugs - Primary Packaging
4. Lyophilized Drugs - Reconstitution and Delivery
5. Lyophilized Drugs - Key Therapeutic Sector Analysis and Market Data
6. Market Factors
7. Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hcd5l8/lyophilized