KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--eBay Enterprise and Innotrac have joined forces to become Radial, the largest omnichannel commerce technology and operations provider. Today’s businesses are under increasing pressure to not only meet the heightened expectations of consumers, but to profitably manage and execute omnichannel commerce from purchase to delivery. Radial’s global platform combines decades of extensive operations experience with its proven technology platform to deliver retailers’ promises to their customers. Leading companies such as DSW, GameStop, Shoe Carnival and Destination XL currently enjoy Radial’s omnichannel solutions to enable a unified brand experience for their customers no matter how or where they’re buying – and their results are unmatched.
Retailers are struggling to deliver omnichannel experiences that consumers demand
Omnichannel is certainly not a new term in commerce, but it is attracting more attention as brands and retailers realize that customers expect a seamless shopping experience from anywhere – their mobile devices, favorite social sites, or even while browsing in brick and mortar stores. Delivering on that expectation means merchants need to build infrastructure that allows them to take orders from anywhere, safely process payments, and tailor their delivery to how shoppers want to receive their goods.
A recent report from Forrester Research* found that 49 percent of online retailers will invest anywhere from $500,000 to more than $20 million in ecommerce technology to try and satisfy customers’ expectations of “buy anywhere, pick up anywhere, return anywhere.” However, as recent earnings and media reports have highlighted, even leading retailers are struggling to deliver compelling, profitable omnichannel experiences.
Radial unifies commerce channels and systems with technology to create new, profitable retail experiences
Radial’s platform makes it turnkey for retailers to create a leading ecommerce operation, eliminating complexities while managing cost and improving profitability for the entire order lifecycle, from purchase click to doorstep delivery or checkout aisle. Radial’s technology and operations integrate with any mobile app, web store or purchase point to make supply chains more flexible and optimize the “where, when, how” of satisfying customers’ online orders.
“Despite allocating significant resources to omnichannel, many retailers have not evolved fast enough to keep pace with their customers’ demands and expectations," said Tobias Hartmann, President of Radial. “Radial empowers brands to take down the ‘walls’ between their physical and digital stores, giving them an advantage to acquiring and retaining customers by delivering the type of personalized experiences that keep them coming back for more.”
Radial’s omnichannel commerce solutions
Radial brings together best-of-breed technologies and services in one market-leading platform to offer speed and efficiency to retailers’ omnichannel commerce requirements, including:
- Global commerce platform as a service: Create seamless, unified brand experiences across digital and physical channels, devices and physical stores to make and keep customers happy. Radial covers it all – from order management and safe payment processing to sophisticated order routing and fulfillment to actionable analytics.
- Tech-enabled fulfillment and operations: Manage orders and inventory across distribution centers and suppliers while protecting margins and delighting customers. Radial’s scalable fulfillment and freight services enable orders to be fulfilled faster and delivered where and when desired while optimizing costs.
- Payments, tax and fraud offerings: Accept payments from anywhere while shielding your operation from fraud, collecting the right amount of taxes and enabling more transaction conversions. Radial’s technology and service offering, backed by billions of records of historical data, completely eliminates ecommerce fraud liability for retailers while increasing their online sales.
- Full customer care services: Cultivate and grow a loyal customer base by delivering quality service across multiple engagement channels, from everyday interactions to seasonal peaks. Radial handles retailers’ most important asset – their customers.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, Pa., Radial leverages a global network of technology professionals to deliver and service cloud-based commerce platforms for leading retailers and brands. It also operates more than two dozen distribution centers and six call centers in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 7,000 people globally.
Comments on the news:
- “Providing an exceptional customer experience is our top priority, and we are continually innovating to deliver on that," said Brian Seewald, Vice President, Transformation, at Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW). “We have been partnering with Radial since the early days of omnichannel. It’s been an integral part of helping us meet major milestones toward our customer-centric goal to deliver any shoe, anywhere, anytime. Our commerce experience is fully enabled with Radial’s omnichannel fulfillment technologies including Ship-from Store, In-Store Pickup, Ship-to Store and Dropship. Radial isn’t just a technology innovator; it is an ecommerce expert that is helping us unlock growth, reduce costs, and deliver what today’s retail customers expect.”
- “Retailers are seeing a tremendous strain on their businesses because execution of omnichannel is insanely hard,” said Stefan Weitz, Chief Product and Strategy Officer at Radial. “Radial is all about building the tools retailers need to compete – and win – in the increasingly complex and competitive ecommerce space. Only Radial has industry-leading tech and expansive operational expertise that offers retailers the most efficient – and profitable – path to get products in consumers’ hands.”
- “The world of ecommerce has evolved at an incredibly rapid rate over the last several years. It will only continue to grow exponentially more complex, with mobile playing an increasingly dominant role in this transformation,” said Todd Miller, Principal at private equity firm Sterling Partners. “We’ve seen today’s retailers struggle with omnichannel, and as a result their profits and customer loyalty have suffered. In order for merchants to not just survive – but thrive – they must dynamically connect their entire supply chains to efficiently meet consumer demand. Omnichannel solutions are the key to unlocking this potential.” Sterling led a consortium of buyers to acquire Radial (formerly known as eBay Enterprise, Inc.) in November 2015, following the Sterling-led acquisition of Innotrac Corporation in 2014.
Radial is the leader in omnichannel commerce technology and operations, enabling brands and retailers to profitably exceed retail customer expectations. Radial’s technical, powerful omnichannel solutions connect supply and demand through efficient fulfillment and transportation options, intelligent fraud, payments, and tax systems and personalized customer care services.
Hundreds of retailers and brands confidently partner with Radial to simplify their post-click commerce and improve their customer experiences. Radial brings flexibility and scalability to their supply chains and optimizes how, when and where orders go from desire to delivery. Learn how we work with you at www.radial.com.
About Sterling Partners
Sterling Partners is a private equity firm with a distinct point of view on how to build great companies. Founded in 1983, Sterling has invested billions of dollars, guided by the company's stated purpose: INSPIRED GROWTH®, which describes Sterling's approach to buying differentiated businesses and growing them in inspired ways. Sterling focuses on investing growth capital in small- and mid-market companies in industries with positive, long-term trends: healthcare services, business services, and education services. Sterling provides valuable support to the founders and management teams of the companies in which the firm invests through a deep and dedicated team of professionals based in the firm's offices in Chicago, Baltimore and Miami.
The people at Sterling believe in ideas and ideals, in people and in partnerships that drive long-term success. For more information, please visit www.sterlingpartners.com.