OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this A.M.BestTV episode, from the CNSeg Fifth Annual Rio de Janeiro Reinsurance Meeting in Brazil, insurance leaders said Brazil's young but maturing market is presenting opportunities for global insurance and reinsurance companies. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=cnseg2416nc to view the entire program.
“The insurance market in Brazil attracts multinationals with their innovations, disciplines, procedures and high standards; these are very promising for Brazil,” said Ronald Poon-Affat, chief executive officer, RGA Global Reinsurance Company, Ltd.
“We in the industry see a maturing of the market, which slowly produces more opportunities; however, liability is still very underdeveloped in this region,” said James Grieve, senior vice president, SCOR Reinsurance. “Nevertheless, we are on the road to seeing more significant growth on that side.”
Full-length interviews are available as well. Go to http://www.ambest.tv/cnseg16 to see all the interviews.
Other people who appear in this episode include:
- John Andre, group vice president, A.M. Best;
- Rodrigo Botti, general director, Terra Brasis Resseguros; and
- Paul Conolly, vice president, IRB Brasil RE.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Brazil’s Reinsurers Look for Growth Amid ‘Perfect Storm’: At the CNSeg Fifth Annual Rio de Janeiro Reinsurance Meeting in Brazil, reinsurance industry leaders said that they still see great potential in Brazil’s insurance market, but the country faces a range of economic and political challenges: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=cnseg1416nc.
- A.M. Best Analytic Leaders Explain Rating Update Roll-Out: At a recent A.M. Best briefing held in New York, NY, A.M. Best executives discussed the agency’s updated Best’s Credit Rating Methodology and Best’s Capital Adequacy Ratio: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=bcrm416.
- The Entire World is Watching: Risk Managers Prepare for Democratic National Convention: A host of risk exposures and insurance coverages will come into play as Philadelphia, PA, prepares to host the Democratic National Convention in July: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=conventions416.
- Chubb Division President: Biggest Competitor to High Net Worth is Mass Market: Recent interview with Fran O'Brien, president, North America personal insurance, The Chubb Corporation, who said the merged company combines elements of Chubb, Ace Limited and Fireman's Fund Insurance Company: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=chubb316.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2016 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.