Turkey's B2C E-Commerce market is the second largest in Eastern Europe, and is also among the fastest growing. Internet penetration in the country was barely at 50% of the population last year, and just a third of Internet users made purchases online, so increased connectivity and online shopping engagement will boost B2C E-Commerce sales further.
The recent history of rapid growth in B2C E-Commerce in Turkey, along with its remaining potential for continued expansion make this market attractive for foreign as well as domestic investors. The report reveals that Hepsiburada.com, Turkey's largest online retailer, got an infusion of 100 million USD in investment last year.
The most popular product category for B2C E-Commerce in Turkey is clothing. Both male and female shoppers make fashion purchases online, according to the report. The websites of online clothing retailers, such as Trendyol.com and Markafoni.com, are among the most visited online shopping destinations.
Another distinguishing characteristic of the B2C E-Commerce market in Turkey is the use of mobile shopping and social media. The report divulges that over half of online shoppers say that their online buying behavior is influenced by social media. M-Commerce is driven by the increasing spread of Internet-enabled phones and tablets. Major online shopping platforms, such as online marketplaces GittiGidiyor and n11.com report rapid growth rates in mobile traffic and sales.
Key Questions Answered:
- How fast is B2C E-Commerce growing in Turkey?
- What are some important growth drivers and challenges for the online retail development in this country?
- How high is the online shopper penetration in Turkey and how does it compare to other countries in Europe?
- What do consumers in Turkey buy when they shop online and how do they pay for the purchases?
- Which are the largest B2C E-Commerce companies in Turkey and which companies in this sector attracted investment during 2015?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview and International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Users & Shoppers
- D-Market Elektronik Hizmetler
- Delivery Hero
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nktqnh/turkey_b2c