LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FirstFuel Software, the trusted source for customer intelligence for energy providers, today announced the next generation of its Customer Intelligence Platform, which now pulls data from nearly 3 million meters and processes 55 million new utility meter data points per day - making it the world's largest database for commercial and industrial building energy performance information. With significant enhancements and new capabilities, FirstFuel's improved platform helps energy providers drive more productive experiences with all of their business customers.
According to a recent Navigant Research report, global spending on utility customer information systems and analytics is expected to total nearly $37 billion from 2014 to 2023. With energy providers facing growing market pressures tied to technology advancements in distributed generation, strict energy efficiency mandates, customer satisfaction goals and new competition, they are increasingly seeking innovative ways to deliver value to their customers. FirstFuel's Customer Intelligence Platform delivers actionable intelligence using detailed building-specific performance analysis of energy usage advanced analytics and data from external sources. Energy providers are using FirstFuel’s platform to better engage business customers, resulting in improved satisfaction and accelerated uptake of energy services such as demand management, energy efficiency and distributed generation.
"FirstFuel has always believed that customer data provides a tremendous, untapped opportunity to drive more personalized touch points with business customers," said Swapnil Shah, CEO, FirstFuel. "Our utility partners advised us on key questions they wanted to answer regarding customers, and specified the necessary intelligence our platform could provide to best support their business customers’ needs. The result has been a huge leap forward in our ability to help utilities and their customers navigate today's complex, dynamic energy environment.”
These cloud-based enhancements drive extensions in analytics, configurability, scalability and security across all three products that sit on FirstFuel’s platform: FirstEngage, FirstAdvisor and FirstAudit. New capabilities include:
- Advanced Propensity Modeling: pairs building-specific energy reduction opportunities across 125+ building types with the analytically derived likelihood that each customer will act on the opportunity, reducing sales cycles and improving conversion rates
- Expanded Building-Specific Analytics: provides unprecedented insight that uncovers opportunities beyond energy efficiency and permanent peak demand reduction to include water, solar and distributed generation, enabling more holistic advice to customers, greater cross-sell reach and new revenue promotion
- Dynamic Visual Segmentation: includes tools for account, sales and program teams that instantly segment customers by a variety of site, opportunity and services characteristics to improve market and sales planning resource allocation, customer qualification and engagement experiences
- Advanced Integration Options: integrates energy efficiency and demand rebates, Energy Star Portfolio Manager and Green Button to give business customers control of their usage, improve customer sentiment and address regulatory compliance protocols. Exporting customer intelligence to CRM systems enables customer-facing teams to leverage existing tools and processes
- Superior Customer Service Tools: includes predictive billing insights that drive notification alerts, call center issue resolution and cohort-based analyses, which lowers cost to serve and improves self-service adoption rates
FirstFuel's enhanced Customer Intelligence Platform is rolling out across the company's growing client base in North America and Europe. This includes recently awarded deployments with all three Exelon utilities (Commonwealth Edison, Baltimore Gas & Electric and PECO) and Consolidated Edison, where FirstFuel will provide personalized analytics across a combined 1.2 million business customers in conjunction with strategic partner Opower. Other customers include Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP), E.ON, Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), Southern California Edison (SCE), NV Energy, New York Power Authority (NYPA), Southern California Gas (SCG) and Eversource.
"Our first priority is helping utility and competitive energy retailers drive more meaningful and mutually productive interactions with their business customers - a segment that can drive over 65 percent of their entire load capacity," said Paul Baier, VP of Products, FirstFuel. "When our clients describe future strategic objectives during this period of major industry shifts, they recognize the critical importance of engaging this customer class in new, scalable ways."
About FirstFuel Software
FirstFuel Software provides a customer intelligence platform that transforms energy providers into trusted advisors to their business customers. FirstFuel’s SaaS solutions accelerate commercial customer acquisition, help sell energy efficiency and DSM programs, and boost customer engagement and satisfaction. The company draws on deep domain expertise in data analytics, building science, and software in its deployments with large utilities, energy service providers, and government agencies in North America and Europe. Founded in 2010 and privately held, FirstFuel is headquartered in Lexington, MA. For more information, please visit www.firstfuel.com and follow us on Twitter at @FirstFuelSW.