CALGARY, Alberta--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AccelerateAB, Alberta’s annual flagship technology event, is proud to announce the 2016 keynote speakers.
As the technology space advances the diversification of the Alberta economy, AccelerateAB is proud to support diversity within the tech industry itself. The 2016 keynote speaker is Katie McLean, Western Canada Territory Manager of Google. Ms. McLean has a background in sales and marketing with technology companies such as Xerox, HP, Oracle, and Google. She has developed a passion for tech startups, having spent a large part of her technology career working closely with them. Today, her work involves actively looking for partners to develop on the Google platform.
“Through my work with Google I have been able to see first-hand the growth of Alberta’s technology industry,” said McLean. “Events like AccelerateAB are essential to enabling the community to seed future partnerships, innovations, and successes that would not have been possible without the opportunity to engage with each other. Also, as a woman in tech, I am excited to participate in a conference that has made diversity a part of its goals.”
The 2016 closing keynote speaker is Bryan de Lottinville, CEO of Benevity, a thriving Alberta social enterprise that is aiding in our province’s efforts to diversify the economy. In the past year, Benevity has grown from 90 to 220 employees, added almost 100 new enterprise clients, and raised $38 million.
Mr. Lottinville’s keynote will address recruiting and developing talent during rapid growth. “There are a ton of factors to be considered in growing global companies quickly and efficiently,” said Lottinville. “Ultimately, none are more important that attracting, retaining, and developing great people.”
This year’s panels consist of innovative entrepreneurs, investors, key leaders, and partners of the technology sector from across the province. The panel participants include: Kristina Williams, CEO of Alberta Enterprise Corporation, Cory Fries, VP Investments & Legal at Alberta Innovate Technology Futures, Patrick Lor, Co-Founder of Dissolve, and Michelle Scarborough, Senior VP at Kensington Venture Partners, on the panel about Alberta’s Innovation Funding Landscape.
In addition, Omar Mouallem, Journalist, Sam Pillar, CEO of Jobber, and Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder of BioWare/CEO of ThresholdImpact, will speak on the panel Building Big in Alberta.
The AccelerateAB Conference takes place from 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at the Art Gallery of Alberta. Tickets are now on sale and can be purchased on the AccelerateAB website.
For more information about AccelerateAB, please visit www.accelerateab.com.
AccelerateAB is the province’s annual flagship technology event that brings together key leaders, investors, influencers and supporters of Alberta’s fast-growing startup community, with the goal of leveraging the success of the next generation of technology entrepreneurs across the province. Backed by some of the most high-profile and successful leaders in the industry and spearheaded by The A100, AccelerateAB is one of the best connected events in the province. www.AccelerateAB.com | @AccelerateAB
AccelerateAB 2016 Schedule:
- 9:00 AM: ROUNDTABLES (INVITE-ONLY)
- 12:00 PM: ROUNDTABLE LUNCH SPONSORED BY PAYPAL (INVITE-ONLY)
- 1:30 PM: CONFERENCE REGISTRATION
- 2:00 PM: OPENING REMARKS
- 2:15 PM: KEYNOTE
- 2:45 PM: Panel - ALBERTA'S INNOVATION FUNDING LANDSCAPE
- 3:15 PM: Panel - BUILDING BIG IN ALBERTA
- 3:45 PM: NETWORKING BREAK
- 4:15 PM: STARTUP PITCHES FROM ROUNDTABLE COMPANIES
- 5:15 PM: CLOSING KEYNOTE
- 5:35 PM: CLOSING REMARKS
- 6:00 PM: COMMUNITY RECEPTION
AccelerateAB 2016 Roundtables Session Companies:
- Beep for Service: An online marketplace that lets you book automotive service & repair at a guaranteed fixed price.
- Beyond Reality Technologies Inc.: A B2B virtual reality focused solutions company leveraging virtual reality to increase consumer confidence in business products.
- FREDsense Technologies: An early stage venture focused on providing new biological ways to measure toxins in our environment.
- Hobblit: An online community marketplace for skills and services.
- InVistaWare: A software company that enables field-centric companies to manage people, equipment, and jobs in the most intuitive workflow that’s right for them.
- Jump On Flyaways: A new concept in air travel that uses idle aircraft and the power of crowdsourcing to offer 35-65% off typical airline fares.
- MaxFleet Solutions: A real time sensor technology (accessible through a simple mobile app) that detects microscopic metallic particles and contaminants in any fluid, improving on the equipment/engine oil analysis available from laboratories.
- Otto: A complete “system-in-a-box” that allows builders to install sophisticated home automation with no special technical knowledge.
- Scarf: An ecosystem for buying and selling home-cooked meals.
- Snap Projections: Financial planning software that creates simple, flexible Retirement Projections with easy to understand reports.
- Systolik Digital Health: A medical device manufacturer (software) providing solutions for cardiologists.
- TikTiks: A mobile app that connects sports fans to buy and sell tickets securely from their phones.
- TLink Golf Inc.: A lightweight Bluetooth device for golfers that pairs with their smartphone to provide green yardages.
- Torch Motorcycles Inc.: A boutique bike lounge, workshop/event space, and community for women and their pals.
- Varafy: An early stage educational tech software startup focused on improving student outcomes in learning STEM subjects in higher education.