SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the industry’s only Converged Data Platform, today unveiled at Strata + Hadoop World the Converge Community. Immediately available to everyone, including the more than 50,000 participants of the MapR On-Demand Training program, the Converge Community offers public online assets that enable Hadoop and Spark developers, data analysts, and administrators to engage in technical discussions and share expertise that furthers the advancement of the big data community as a whole.
“The MapR Converge Community is designed to be a seamless, engaging destination for like-minded people to participate in the growth of global, real-time applications that maximize the benefits achieved from converged data,” said David Cross, CMO, MapR Technologies. “We wanted to create a community which would unify the On-Demand Training learning environment with the technical expertise and rich interactions found in the open source ecosystem.”
Details of the Converge Community include:
- Serving as a next-generation, open community that is designed to help put data technology to work. Industry experts can connect, interact, learn, and encourage knowledge sharing, including crowd-sourcing new product ideas.
- Extending MapR Academy’s On-Demand Training with social learning that allows students to engage in course discussions, ask questions and get technical help.
- Enhancing customer communications through new release and patch announcements.
- Optimizing visibility and ideas for Apache Hadoop and other Big Data meetup organizers to connect and share events.
- Offering over 3,000 questions and answers and 200 knowledge articles written by MapR experts.
- Sharing a wide range of assets, including topic guides for Apache Spark, Apache Drill, Management and Monitoring, Security and Data Governance.
Tweet this: MapR opens new #ConvergeCommunity to big data professionals, w/50K On-Demand Training students http://community.mapr.com/
About MapR Technologies
MapR provides the industry's only Converged Data Platform that integrates the power of Hadoop and Spark with global event streaming, real-time database capabilities, and enterprise storage, enabling customers to harness the enormous power of their data. Organizations with the most demanding production needs, including sub-second response for fraud prevention, secure and highly available data-driven insights for better healthcare, petabyte analysis for threat detection, and integrated operational and analytic processing for improved customer experiences, run on MapR. A majority of customers achieves payback in fewer than 12 months and realizes greater than 5X ROI. MapR ensures customer success through world-class professional services and with free on-demand training that over 50,000 developers, data analysts and administrators have used to close the big data skills gap. Amazon, Cisco, Google, HPE, Microsoft, SAP, and Teradata are part of the worldwide MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Google Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, Qualcomm Ventures and Redpoint Ventures. Connect with MapR on LinkedIn, and Twitter.