WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The National Institute on Retirement Security will host its seventh annual retirement policy conference, Retirement Realities, on Tuesday, March 1, 2016 from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM at The Liaison Capitol Hill, 415 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001
The event will feature the release of a new report, Shortchanged in Retirement: Continuing Challenges to Women’s Financial Future. This report examines the distinct challenges posed by the retirement system for working-age women, retirement-aged women and retired women. It finds that women are overwhelmingly more likely than men to be impoverished at age 65 and older.
Conference speakers include:
- Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, (D-IL)
- Christopher Ailman, California State Teachers Retirement System Chief Investment Officer
- Angela Antonelli, Georgetown University Center for Retirement Initiatives Executive Director
- Shlomo Benartzi, UCLA Behavioral Economist and Accounting Professor
- Steve Cummings, Aon Hewitt’s Head of North America Investment Consulting
- Frances Denmark, Institutional Investor Senior Writer
- Karen Dynan, Department of the Treasury’s Assistant Secretary for Economic Policy and Chief Economist
- Lara Hinz, Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement Director
- Kim Mustin, BNY Mellon Investment Management’s Head of North American Distribution,
- Lauren Luchi, American Federation of Teachers
- Helaine Olen, Slate Columnist and Author of The Index Card: Why Personal Finance Doesn’t Have to Be Complicated
- Karine Raymond, Registered Nurse and New York State Nurses Association Director
- Alison Shelton, AARP Public Policy Institute Senior Advisor
- David Villa, State of Wisconsin Investment Board Chief Investment Officer
- Christian Weller, University of Massachusetts-Boston Professor; Center for American Progress Senior Fellow; and author of Retirement on the Rocks
Media can register for the conference here or by calling 202.457.8190.
A live stream of the event will be available here: https://www.ifebp.org/education/webcasts/Pages/Webcast16NIRS1.aspx
|Seventh Annual Retirement Policy Conference, Retirement Realities|
|Hosted by the National Institute on Retirement Security|
|Tuesday, March 1, 2016; 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM ET|
|The Liaison Capitol Hill, 415 New Jersey Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20001|
Press credentials will be distributed beginning at 7:30 AM on March 1, 2016.
The National Institute on Retirement Security is a not-for-profit organization established to contribute to informed policymaking by fostering a deep understanding of the value of retirement security to employees, employers, and the economy through national research and education programs. Located in Washington, D.C., NIRS has a diverse membership of organizations interested in retirement security including financial services firms, retirement plan sponsors and service providers, and trade associations among others. More information is available at http://www.nirsonline.org.