WESTWOOD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MEDITECH will showcase cutting-edge population health management solutions in booth #14104 at the HIMSS16 Population Health Knowledge Center. Physicians and MEDITECH product specialists will be available to demonstrate how MEDITECH's Web EHR provides the tools, workflows, and processes to help effectively manage patient populations.
In addition, MEDITECH’s presentation, “Make Population Health a Reality: Effective Care Transitions,” will take place on March 2nd from 1:45 - 2:15 p.m. in the Population Health Knowledge Center.
Co-presenting with MEDITECH is Dr. Michael Fletcher, MD, MBA, FHM, FACP, and CMO at Hancock Regional Hospital (Greenfield, IN) — a MEDITECH customer and 2015 Most Wired recipient. Dr. Fletcher will share his experience and expertise on the essential role that care transitions play in improving outcomes for patients, payors, and providers.
MEDITECH’s single platform system for population health helps organizations manage and transition patients across all care settings, providing effective care coordination and a better patient experience. MEDITECH’s Web EHR includes the following tools and features:
- Actionable registries to manage chronic diseases and reduce avoidable emergency department visits and hospitalizations.
- Easily identify at-risk patients for specific conditions, and setting them on the path to prevention by promoting wellness and healthy lifestyles.
- Care Management tools to effectively manage patients post-discharge, ensuring medication and care plan compliance.
- Remote monitoring of patient-generated health data to identify changes in conditions which might put a patient at risk of readmission.
- Clinically sophisticated surveillance algorithms that provide early warning detection of possible hospital-acquired infections to improve outcomes.
- A single patient portal across the continuum that engages and empowers patients in their care, making patients part of their care team, and ultimately enhancing the patient experience.
- Analytics to provide observation and insight into your health system, identifying the effectiveness of your care delivery and opportunity for growth and improvement.
Today, more than 2,400 institutions worldwide use MEDITECH’s clinically-integrated and interoperable EHR to provide healthcare to the communities they serve. Their robust, patient-centered technology spans the healthcare continuum, including a unique functional capacity for ambulatory care, acute care, long-term care, rehabilitation services, behavioral health, and home care.