WOODBRIDGE, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Royal® Building Products, a leading manufacturer of home exterior products, launches a web-based series of programs about building materials Challenges and Solutions™ featuring well-known renovator, Steve Thomas. Each video includes a specific exterior home renovation challenge and a solution, which highlights building materials by Royal Building Products, including Celect® Cellular Exteriors, Zuri® Premium Decking and Royal’s line of trim & mouldings products.
“Products and technologies have changed considerably over the years and Steve Thomas is a great example of someone who has embraced products that offer better installation and performance features,” said Marilyn Chase, director of marketing, Royal Building Products. “As the producer of this video series, Steve is the perfect person to help us share our innovative products and their benefits with professional and homeowner audiences.”
The building materials Challenges and Solutions video series includes six programs with more in production in 2016. The programs showcase a home renovation or new construction project based in the Midwest or Northeast United States and include the following:
- A Parade of Homes new construction home in Columbus, Ohio – Features Celect and Royal’s trim system, including columns and window surrounds that add a differentiating design element to a front porch.
- Steve Thomas’ 1905 Victorian home in a coastal village in Maine – Steve wishes to do a sympathetic restoration and renovation of his home, but wants to use modern exterior building materials that will stand up to harsh winters. He chooses Royal’s cellular PVC trim and mouldings products.
- A two-part series featuring Steve Thomas’ Sea Cove home – Steve adds a Zuri deck side porch and back deck to his home, which offers a high finish, but is low maintenance for harsh New England winters.
- A lake house on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire – Homeowners want deck-access to the lake with a high level of finish, but not the added maintenance that decks usually require. Royal’s Zuri decking seamlessly takes on this challenge while showcasing its unique bending applications.
- A low-country cottage house in Belle Center, Ohio – A builder desires to build his own home featuring traditional looking exterior cladding, but wants very little maintenance. Celect Cellular Exteriors and Royal Trim and Mouldings provide the ideal solution.
Known as a serial renovator and for his host roles on This Old House and Renovation Nation, Steve Thomas is a leading advocate of green and sustainable renovation.
"The building materials marketplace now offers an extensive range of exterior cladding products,” said Steve Thomas. "The trick for both professionals and homeowners is to choose the right material and product for their job. In this web-based video series, we'll help viewers make those choices – balancing cost, ease of installation, maintenance over time and aesthetics."
All six building materials “Challenges and Solutions” videos can be viewed at the Royal Building Products website.
About Royal Building Products
Royal Building Products is a division of Axiall Corporation (NYSE: AXLL). The company manufactures and distributes leading materials for the home remodeling, building and municipal construction markets. For more than 40 years, the company’s commitment to quality, innovation and customer relationships has attracted the loyalty of a growing number of building professionals, homeowners, architects, engineers and distributors to its products. With operations throughout North America, Royal Building Products offers the renovation, remodeling and new construction industries a broad range of innovative products including siding, trim, accessories, soffit, rain ware, mouldings, deck, window profiles and patio doors. Royal Building Products also manufactures pipe and fittings for the electrical, municipal, irrigation, plumbing and industrial construction industries. For more information, please visit www.royalbuildingproducts.com. Follow us on Twitter and “Like” us on Facebook.
About Steve Thomas
Known as the ultimate do-it-yourself enthusiast and a serial renovator, Steve Thomas helped catapult This Old House to the top of PBS's list of most-watched ongoing series of all time. He then went on to highlight green renovation across America on Renovation Nation on Discovery's Planet Green. A respected voice for green building and its far-reaching benefits, Thomas has also emerged as a leading advocate of sustainable practices that impact a range of industry and businesses. A lively and enlightening speaker, author and photographer, Thomas's production company creates fun and relevant video for companies in the building industry to use for training, trade shows and social media. Thomas currently works with Habitat For Humanity International for which his high energy presentations are a compelling call for volunteer service to create housing for families in need, particularly through Habitat's annual Builders Blitz.