DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2cv5st/investment) has announced the addition of the "Investment Opportunities in the Sharing Economy" report to their offering.
The sharing economy allows people to share assets, resources, time, and skills across Internet-based platforms. There has been immense growth in the sharing economy over the last decade and this is likely to grow even more steeply.
While the sharing economy presents an avenue of vast opportunity, it also ushers in unprecedented challenges primarily related to the relevance of choices and the risks associated with collaborative consumption. Companies handling this successfully are likely to dominate the market in the next decade. This report analyses the investment opportunities in the sharing economy, assesses funding patterns and estimates the future outlook for this sector.
- Sharing economy start-up companies have been funded nearly five times as much as social networks, indicating positive growth for the collaborative consumption economy.
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A) prospects are probable even as technology and user bases become key differentiators.
- The shared transportation and shared space sectors have seen the largest funding from investors.
- In terms of valuation, the top few start-up companies have emerged from diverse industries, indicating that the sharing economy has matured across multiple sectors.
- Management of risk and regulation will play a key role in the development of the shared economy.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
2. Research Scope and Definition
- Scope and Definitions
- Key Objectives
- Key Terms
- Market Background
- Research Methodology
3. Introduction to the Sharing Economy
- Case Study of Airbnb - From Start-up to Giant
- Market Trends
- Industry Challenges
- Market Segmentation
- Sharing Economy - Goods
- Sharing Economy - Learning
- Sharing Economy - Services
- Sharing Economy - Utilities
- Sharing Economy - Logistics
- Sharing Economy - Transportation
- Sharing Economy - Space
- Sharing Economy - Corporate
- Sharing Economy - Food
- Sharing Economy - Money
- Sharing Economy - Municipal
- Sharing Economy - Health
- Sharing Economy - Reputation and Identity
4. Funding Patterns
- Funding in the Sharing Economy
- The Shared Economy Funding in Perspective
- Funding Size Analysis
- Top Start-Up Companies by Funding Received
- Top Start-Up Companies by Valuation
- Funding by Industry
5. The Shared Economy - What the Future Has in Store
- Alternative Modes of Funding
- M&A Prospects
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2cv5st/investment.