SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This Valentine’s Day, eBay’s ‘For the One’ campaign is offering shoppers great value, selection and exclusive charity auctions making it easy to celebrate what makes the loved ones in their life unique and special.
According to the National Retail Federation, consumers are expected to spend $18.9 billion this Valentine’s Day: $4.8 billion on jewelry, $3.6 billion for a special night out, $2 billion on clothing, and $1.5 billion on gift cards i.
“eBay knows what people are shopping for this Valentine’s Day and we are curating deals and exclusive charity auctions to make it easy for them to find the perfect gift,” says Hal Lawton, senior vice president, eBay North America. “By harnessing the power of our global marketplace, we’re able to provide consumers with an ideal destination to shop for the loved ones in their life.”
Auctions from the Heart
eBay for Charity has teamed up with The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and Warner Bros. to auction off one-of-a-kind experiences. Both charity auctions will begin Feb.1 and end Feb.10 with all proceeds benefitting the American Heart Association: http://www.ebay.com/heart
- The Bachelor/Bachelorette: Bid for the chance to win a double-date with former stars of “The Bachelor” Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici; additionally, enter to win a double-date with “The Bachelorette” stars Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth. Both experiences will offer an all-expenses paid trip and personalized double-date in each couple’s hometown.
- Warner Bros.: For the new film How to be Single, starring Rebel Wilson and Dakota Johnson, fans can bid on the ultimate girl’s night out with an all-expenses paid trip to New York City for one winner and a guest, movie premiere tickets and autographed items.
Deals from the Heart
eBay is offering Deals on must-have jewelry items for that special someone including:
- 80 percent off Gold-Plated Bronze Heart Necklace and Leather Wrap Bracelet and 14K White Gold Diamond Stud Earrings
- 70 percent off Diamond Open Heart Necklace
- 15 percent off three bottles of N/V G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne
- Three-bottle wine bundles (choose from the Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Merlot, Bianco or Red or from the Sauvignon Blanc d'Alba Zinfandel Merlot or Red bundle)
Visit eBay.com/Valentines-Day for additional gift ideas and great deals on a wide selection of new, in-demand items from top fashion, tech and home brands. All orders placed on or before Feb. 7, 2016 will be accompanied by free shipping.
eBay Inc. (NASDAQ: EBAY) is a global commerce leader including the Marketplace, StubHub and Classifieds platforms. Collectively, we connect millions of buyers and sellers around the world, empowering people and creating opportunity through Connected Commerce. Founded in 1995 in San Jose, Calif., eBay is one of the world's largest and most vibrant marketplaces for discovering great value and unique selection. In 2015, eBay enabled $82 billion of gross merchandise volume. For more information about the company and its global portfolio of online brands, visit www.ebayinc.com.
About eBay for Charity
eBay for Charity is a platform that enables members of the eBay community to donate to causes in the U.S. and abroad. Sellers can donate anywhere between 10-100 percent of the proceeds and buyers can add a donation to their purchase during checkout. To date, more than $600 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity, supporting more than 34,000 organizations.
i According to National Retail Federation poll conducted from Jan. 6-13, 2015