OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This A.M.BestTV episode spotlights the Property/Casualty Insurance Joint Industry Forum, held in New York, NY, where industry leaders discussed Solvency II, capital standards, equivalency, reinsurance-covered agreements and other regulatory issues that they said will be the dominate topics in 2016. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pcjointforum2116 to view the entire program.
“2016 is going to be the year that real things happen …, when a lot of things become clearer and get real,” said Leigh Ann Pusey, president and chief executive officer, American Insurance Association. Pusey also believes with Solvency II being in effect in Europe that the negotiations between the United States and Europe on whether the United Stated will be deemed equivalent in insurance matters should start soon.
David Sampson, president and chief executive officer, Property Casualty Insurers Association of America addressed the concerns of the property/casualty industry. “The property/casualty industry has huge concerns about a one-size-fits-all banking approach to global regulatory conversions, which really do not fit the very robust competitive U.S. marketplace,” said Sampson.
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Constantine (Dinos) Iordanou, chairman, president and chief executive officer, Arch Capital Group;
- Howard Mills, director and global insurance regulatory leader, Deloitte LLP;
- Stephen Catlin, executive deputy chairman, XL Group; and
- Paul Ehlert, president, Germania Insurance Company.
Full-length interviews with insurance industry executives from the conference are available. To see all the interviews, please visit http://www.ambest.tv/.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- U.S. Property/Casualty Insurance Leaders Positive on 2016, Barring Major Catastrophes: At the Property/Casualty Insurance Joint Industry Forum, insurance leaders said they expect continued growth in the industry. However, they warned that the industry has been bolstered by unusually low catastrophe losses in recent years: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pcjointforum116.
- A Review of Insurers’ Use of Surplus Notes and Trust Preferred Collateralized Debt Obligations: A.M. Best Managing Director and Global Head of Insurance-Linked Securities Emmanuel Modu addresses the topics of surplus notes and insurance trust preferred collateralized debt obligations that were discussed at a recent webinar: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=cdo116.
- Four U.S. Health Insurers Among World’s Largest Insurers: Senior Financial Analysts Bridget Maehr and Doniella Pliss speak about the factors behind several U.S. health insurers’ rise to a place among the top 10 largest global insurers, as part of A.M. Best’s annual rankings based on net premiums written and non-bank assets: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=largest116.
Leading Analysts Discuss 2016 Outlooks for U.S. Property/Casualty,
Life/Annuity, Life Reinsurance, Health and Global Reinsurance: Discussions
by A.M. Best analysts on their 2016 outlooks on the property/casualty,
life/annuity, life reinsurance and the health segments of the U.S.
insurance industry, along with the global reinsurance sector:
http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmreinsurance116; http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmhealth116; http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmpropertycasualty116; http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmlifeannuity116; and http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=fmlifereinsurance116.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2016 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.