NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Retail Federation’s (NRF) Annual Convention & Expo, — Kronos Incorporated today announced that Swarovski, producer and retailer of high-quality crystal product collections, has deployed the Kronos Workforce Central suite of workforce management solutions in locations across Europe and the U.S. Using Kronos solutions, Swarovski has significantly reduced turnover through improved employee engagement, driving higher levels of store productivity.
- With more than 30,000 employees across 2,560+ owned and partner-managed stores, Swarovski deployed Kronos time and attendance and optimized scheduling solutions to streamline and automate key processes for consistency in workforce management across global locations.
- With Kronos, Swarovski has achieved significant benefits. In particular, its UK business has significantly reduced turnover – by nearly 25 percent – which in a retail environment leads directly to an improved bottom line. After deploying Kronos, Swarovski’s UK operation also saw 25 percent higher weekend sales mix1 than the previous year and a two-point increase in the conversion rate, measuring the proportion of visitors to a store who made a purchase.
- Swarovski is now able to more accurately match staff schedules to consumer demand while providing associates with added flexibility in how they do their jobs and manage their work hours.
- Previously, though the retailer had policies and procedures in place, it lacked clear definition and consistent application about the hours an employee should work in a day, the number of breaks they should have and when, and even how much overtime they should receive and when they qualify for it. A portion of the stores also did not offer flexibility in staffing because of lack of visibility.
- Kronos also helps ensure consistency in policy applications across multiple locations while managing complex, global pay rules. This way employees experience more equitable work hours and schedules, regardless of where they are located, and Swarovski achieves improved compliance with labor laws, which vary by countries and regions.
- Swarovski will discuss its successes with Kronos in the session, “Sparkling Success: Swarovski’s Workforce Management Journey” at NRF today from 10:15-10:45 a.m. on Level 3 of the EXPO Hall in BIG !deas Room 3, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York.
- Hayley Quinn, managing director, Swarovski UK
“Companies can have pay and work rules and policies in a handbook but systematic management in a complex, multinational environment is hard, and Kronos makes this easy. With Kronos, we have achieved higher levels of employee engagement, which is the pillar that supports store productivity. Kronos continues to evolve and scale with us so we can meet the changing needs of our business.”
- Liz Moughan, senior director, retail and hospitality practice group
“Managing a multinational workforce is incredibly complex but with significant, ongoing investments in global product capabilities, Kronos offers the industry’s most widely used workforce management solution, deployed across more than 100 countries. For multinationals such as Swarovski, Kronos offers a single solution for all global workforce management, offering standardization, visibility, and control. In addition, we bring local market expertise around uniqueness in labor rules and regulations for global implementations. ”
- Kronos made this announcement from the National Retail Federation’s (NRF) 105th Annual Convention & Expo being held in New York from Jan. 17-19. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #3242.
- About Swarovski.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2016 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Sales mix: The combination of different products and services that provide a company’s total sales. Source: Cambridge Business English Dictionary © Cambridge University Press