ANN ARBOR, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--LLamasoft, the global leader in supply chain design software and solutions, is wrapping up a year of exponential growth, innovation and development. With multiple acquisitions, continued hiring surge and expansion into new products, it was a historic year for the software company. Here are a few highlights.
- LLamasoft landed supply chain design experts on the Supply and Demand Chain Executive ‘Pros to Know’ list for the sixth consecutive year
- In the spring LLamasoft opened two new U.S. offices in Atlanta and St. Louis
- LLamasoft acquired the LogicTools technology suite from IBM in April, expanding supply chain design offerings and growing the customer base
- Nearly 600 supply chain and logistics professionals joined LLamasoft in Park City, Utah in June for the fifth annual SummerCon supply chain design conference
- In September LLamasoft received a series B round of funding from investment giant Goldman Sachs
- In November LLamasoft announced plans to acquire the Barloworld Supply Chain Software suite as well as approximately 100 employees, moving the company into the supply chain planning space
- Also in November LLamasoft was named to the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for North America for the fourth consecutive year and was named the Technology Company of the Year at the MLive Deals of the Year Awards
“This has clearly been a big year for our company,” said LLamasoft Vice President of Global Marketing and Inside Sales, Ginger Stegmier. “This year we’ve expanded our customer base and product line and made some large strategic decisions to further the practice of supply chain design to help our customers thrive.”
2016 is set to bring a number of product announcements and launches from LLamasoft, including new innovations as the former LogicTools and Barloworld products are more deeply integrated. LLamasoft is also set to host its sixth annual SummerCon conference June 13-17 in New Orleans.
LLamasoft supply chain design software helps organizations worldwide design and improve their supply chain operations. LLamasoft solutions enable companies across a wide range of industries to model, optimize and simulate their supply chain network, leading to major improvements in cost, service, sustainability and risk mitigation. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, LLamasoft is a leader in supply chain excellence and innovation, advancing technology focused on continuous improvement of enterprise supply chains for the world’s largest organizations.