DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j83pqr/3d_scanning) has announced the addition of the "3D Scanning Market Analysis: By Technology, By End Use Industry (Automotive,Medical,Aerospace,Others) - Forecast (2015- 2021)" report to their offering.
The market in 2015 was around $2.8 billion. The Aerospace and Defense applications constitute major share in the market size in 2015 owing to the increasing demand for 3D printed models that are used to optimize the manufacturing costs.
The market is benefiting from the demand from the niche applications such as consumer products such as fashion jewelry. By 2021, Medical, Multimedia applications are estimated to gain traction and account significant share in the market.
Driven by accuracy and optimization in the product development, more manufacturers are adopting 3D scanning to ensure low manufacturing costs along with improved product. The 3D scanners are predominantly used by the Aerospace sector and continue to witness demand. At the same time, the 3D scanning is gaining momentum in medical field due to the increase in requirement of implants for surgeries in healthcare. Moreover, with the technological advancements, the complexity in utilizing 3D scanning methods has reduced and is aiding the market growth.
The Key Drivers of the market are:
- Increasing demand for 3D printed models in critical surgeries in healthcare
- Rise of virtual cinematography
- Advancements in 3D Scanning Technologies
Mounting need for design surveys and design comparisons in
Key Topics Covered:
1. 3D Scanning - Market Overview
2. Executive summary
3. 3D Scanning - Market Landscape
4. 3D Scanning Market Forces
5. 3D Scanning - Strategic Analysis
6. 3D Scanning Market - By Technology Type
7. 3D Scanning Market - By Range
8. 3D Scanning Market - By Application
9. 3D Scanning Market - By End-Use Industry
10. 3D Scanning Market - By Geography
11. 3D Scanning Market Entropy
12. Company profiles
- 3D Systems Corporation
- Solutionix Corporation
- Laser Design Inc
- Basis Software, Inc (Surphaser)
- 3D Scan Company
- Ametek Corporation
- 3D Digital Corporation
- Faro Technologies
- Maptek Pty Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j83pqr/3d_scanning