WAKEFIELD, Mass. & MAIDENHEAD, United Kingdom--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SDL today announced a new version of SDL Web, a digital experience solution that enables businesses to quickly and easily build and deploy multi-brand, multilingual websites at a low total cost of ownership. The enhanced offering, built from the roots of SDL’s WCM platform, Tridion, now includes SDL’s Experience Optimization, Digital Media Management and Localization capabilities in an integrated platform to help brands go global faster.
To meet customers’ high expectations for digital experiences, brands are seeking to deliver consistent and relevant engagements across multiple channels, devices, sites and languages. However, the proliferation of content poses a major barrier, creating inefficiencies and at times acting as a deterrent to frequent updates which leads to subpar or even broken customer journeys. In spite of their aspirations to deliver better digital experiences, many organizations are stuck fixing day-to-day issues. SDL Web empowers organizations to revolutionize the way they manage their digital content and create impactful digital experiences to engage customers in the moment.
“At Blackboard, our customers are a top priority,” said Jon Gold, Director of Web Strategy and Design at Blackboard. “As they increasingly embrace digital channels and have high expectations for brand experiences, SDL Web has enabled us to easily and quickly manage Web content, therefore more effectively engaging with customers on their channel of preference. With SDL Web, we’ve increased our conversion rate by 14 percent year-over-year and decreased our bounce rate by about 20 percent.”
Today’s brands require sophisticated technologies to deliver truly engaging experiences. SDL Web is uniquely designed to meet these complex requirements by allowing brands to scale their online presence in response to their evolving digital strategies. Enhanced context brokering technology helps marketers adapt and personalize the customer’s experience based on behavioral and transactional data.
“As our research shows, multi-site, multi-channel and multilingual experience management are all top priorities for enterprises today,” said Melissa Webster, Program VP, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC. “Almost every large enterprise we speak with tells us they need to strike a balance between global control on the one hand – to ensure brand consistency, scale, compliance and time to market – and regional autonomy and innovation on the other hand – to ensure that websites, mobile experiences and marketing campaigns are localized for maximum relevance and impact. SDL Web is specifically designed to address these needs.”
The latest release of SDL Web features several enhancements for both marketing and IT, including the following:
- Instant Site – Launch a new website, product section or campaign in a guided manner without IT involvement.
- Adaptive BluePrinting® – Easily promote regional content or campaigns to be used globally or share content across lines of businesses for more brand consistency.
- Unified Authoring and Translation Process – Accelerate global launches through a content workflow with integrated translation reviews to dramatically reduce turnaround time for multilingual content.
- State-of-the-Art Microservices – A modular approach to system deployment provides easy connectivity to critical frontend and backend systems.
- Topology Manager – Take the headache out of complex server configurations; IT professionals can now centralize the configuration of Web delivery environments – both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Enhanced Digital Media – Leverage a new responsive video player or use your own by streaming content through a new JSON API – all with support for YouTube API v3 as well as high compression WebP and JPEG XR formats.
“A brand’s success or failure is not determined by its customer experience or digital experience strategy, but rather its ability to execute,” said Dennis van der Veeke, CTO, SDL. “The latest release of SDL Web gives organizations the power to easily build sophisticated multi-brand, multilingual websites to drive better outcomes of their digital marketing ecosystem. As the modern Web environment continues to evolve, SDL Web is enabling organizations to adapt for the future, quickly and easily, while continuing to engage and foster brand loyalty across the globe. SDL Web is sophistication made simple for brands.”
SDL (LSE: SDL) is the leader in global customer experience. With a completely integrated cloud solution for content management, analytics, language and documentation, SDL solves the complexity of managing your brand’s digital footprint as it grows across multiple languages, cultures, websites, devices and channels. Seventy-nine of the top 100 global companies trust SDL to help them create authentic, in-context customer experiences that drive demand and loyalty. SDL brings your brand to the world, and the world to your brand. Learn more at SDL.com. Follow SDL on Facebook and Twitter.