RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Delivering on its commitment to its proven, market-leading data discovery solution, Qlik® (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in visual analytics, today released QlikView® 12. The latest version of the Company’s widely-adopted QlikView product line, version 12 strengthens Qlik’s unique platform approach to visual analytics by bringing QlikView onto the same modern QIX Associative Data Indexing Engine (QIX) that powers Qlik Sense®. By having Qlik’s complete product portfolio on the same engine, Qlik delivers greater compatibility between its products, and ensures that future investments made in the QIX engine for performance, security, and connectivity will benefit both QlikView and Qlik Sense customers.
“It’s terrific to see the enthusiasm QlikView customers have for this release,” says Anthony Deighton, CTO and Senior Vice President of Products at Qlik. “When we came out with our modern self-service Qlik Sense offering, our customers were clear that they wanted a future with Qlik that helps them address a growing demand for an increasingly diverse range of analytics needs in their organizations. QlikView 12 helps them to solidify their future with Qlik on a common engine, with common data models, so they can keep the associative search experience they love so much on whichever Qlik product that is right for them.”
Key features of QlikView 12 include:
- Next-generation QIX engine: QlikView 12 now runs on the second-generation QIX engine that powers Qlik Sense. QlikView customers will benefit from the performance improvements delivered via a seamless upgrade through the updated QIX engine, and are able to more easily share data models between Qlik Sense and QlikView.
- Security enhancements: QlikView 12 boosts stronger encryption and improved encryption handling, with the ability to meet the highest level of security requirements for the most demanding companies and government and military organizations. Centralized client request handling and XML parsing are enhanced to evolve with security best practices and cryptographic standards.
- Powerful mobile experience and true device independence: Now all functions available in the QlikView web client are accessible on touch devices without limitations, including exploration, collaboration, and creation capabilities. In addition, on hybrid devices, users can now switch between using a mouse, pen, and touch without having to refresh applications manually.
- Improved clustering: QlikView 12 now offers improved scalability supporting more nodes in a QlikView Server cluster. The result is significant performance improvements for organizations supporting high numbers of users in multi-node environments.
- Native connection to Web services: A new RESTful API connector improves compatibility with social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), CMS systems (Alfresco, Documentum, Adobe), and other online services. There is no longer a need for a third-party vendor or extensions to support this type of connectivity.
- Free and subscription-based data-as-a-service: The on-demand availability of normalized data sources that users can quickly pull in for added insights are key to more informed decisions to drive competitive advantage. With Qlik® DataMarket users can access a comprehensive library of external data directly within QlikView 12 to allow users to augment and cross reference their internal data to gain context and drive deeper insights. No other vendor in the business intelligence market delivers this type of data library that encompasses both free and paid data sources available via cloud-based data services.
QlikView 12 is available immediately. QlikView 12 Personal Edition is available for free download at http://www.qlik.com/download. Although QlikView 12 is a simple upgrade, the common data model and engine may be an opportunity to assess analytics needs across the Qlik product portfolio. Qlik Services can assist customers with planning and transitioning between products as appropriate.
Qlik (NASDAQ: QLIK) is a leader in visual analytics. Its portfolio of products meets customers’ growing needs from reporting and self-service visual analysis to guided, embedded and custom analytics. Approximately 37,000 customers rely on Qlik solutions to gain meaning out of information from varied sources, exploring the hidden relationships within data that lead to insights that ignite good ideas. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Qlik has offices around the world with more than 1700 partners covering more than 100 countries.
Safe Harbor for Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, statements regarding the value and effectiveness of Qlik’s products, the introduction and timing of product enhancements or additional products and Qlik's growth, expansion and market leadership, that involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors which, if they do not materialize or prove correct, could cause Qlik’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including statements containing the words “predicts,” “plan,” “expects,” “focus,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “goal,” “target,” “estimate,” “potential,” “may,” “will,” “might,” “momentum,” “can,” “could,” “seek,” and similar words. Qlik intends all such forward-looking statements to be covered by the safe harbor provisions for forward-looking statements contained in Section 21E of the Exchange Act and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in such statements due to various factors. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent Qlik's views as of the date of this press release. This press release is intended to outline our general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchase decision, as the development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion. Qlik anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. Qlik undertakes no intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing Qlik’s views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
© 2015 QlikTech International AB. All rights reserved. Qlik®, Qlik Sense®, QlikView®, QlikTech®, Qlik® Cloud, Qlik® DataMarket, Qlik® Analytics Platform and the QlikTech logos are trademarks of QlikTech International AB which have been registered in multiple countries. Other marks and logos mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.