DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3qktf6/the_m2m_iot_and) has announced the addition of SNS Research's new report "The M2M, IoT & Wearable Technology Ecosystem: 2015 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts" to their offering.
As consumer voice and data service revenues reach their saturation point, mobile operators are keen to capitalize on other avenues to drive revenue growth. One such opportunity is providing network connectivity for M2M (Machine to Machine) devices like smart meters, connected cars and healthcare monitors. Despite its low ARPU, M2M connectivity has opened a multi-billion dollar revenue opportunity for mobile operators, MVNOs and service aggregators, addressing the application needs of several verticals markets. By enabling network connectivity among physical objects, M2M has also initiated the IoT (Internet of Things) vision - a global network of sensors, equipment, appliances, smart devices and applications that can communicate in real time.
Another key opportunity is the monetization of wearable technology. Mobile device OEMs are aggressively investing in wearable devices, in order to offset declining margins in their traditional smartphone and tablet markets. As a result, the market has been flooded with a variety of smart bands, smart watches and other wearable devices capable of collecting, sending and processing data over mobile applications.
Eyeing opportunities to route huge volumes of traffic from these wearable devices, many service providers are now seeking to fit wearable technology with their M2M offerings, targeting both consumer and vertical markets. The report forecasts that M2M and wearable devices can help IoT service providers pocket as much as $231 Billion in service revenue by the end of 2020, following a CAGR of 40% between 2015 and 2020.
This report package provides an in-depth assessment of the M2M, IoT and wearable technology ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, vertical market applications, deployment case studies, collaborative initiatives, regulatory landscape, standardization, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts from 2015 till 2030. The forecasts are segmented into vertical, regional, technology and country submarkets.
The report package comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the two reports.
Key Questions Answered:
- How big is the M2M, IoT and wearable technology ecosystem?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which regions, countries and verticals will see the highest percentage of growth?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- How will M2M and wearable devices drive investments in cloud based IoT platforms, Big Data, analytics, network security and other technologies?
- What are the growth prospects of cellular, satellite, LPWA, wireline and short range networking technologies?
- What are the key applications of M2M, IoT and wearable technology across industry verticals?
- How can mobile operators capitalize on the growing popularity of smart glasses and other wearable devices?
- What strategies should enabling technology providers, wearable/M2M device OEMs, mobile operators, MVNOs, aggregators, IoT platform providers and other ecosystem players adopt to remain competitive?
Companies Mentioned - 35 of the 700+ Companies Featured
- 270 Vision
- 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
- 3L Labs
- 4iii Innovations
- ABB Group
- Abbot Laboratories
- Aclara Technologies
- Active Mind Technology
- ADT Corporation
- Aeris Communications
- AIOTI (Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation)
- Airbus Group
- AllSeen Alliance
- Altair Semiconductor
- Ambit Networks
- AMCi Wireless
- AMD (Advanced Micro Devices)
- América Móvil
- Ansaldo STS
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3qktf6/the_m2m_iot_and
Source: SNS Research
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.