DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4cqfj8/data_quality) has announced the addition of the "Data Quality - Another Chance to Miss the Boat?" report to their offering.
Few organizations recognize that they could be addressing data governance head-on, initiating lasting improvements in their data quality as part of their efforts to gather and prepare data for BDA projects. In this week's SPIE, Stratecast summarizes the data quality issue, makes the case for elevating data governance alongside other BDA objectives, and discusses several data preparation solutions that could be used to accomplish this.
Organizations have had a series of technological opportunities to address their data quality issues over the past 20 years. First came the shift from mainframe computers to client/server implementations, followed by the deployment of data warehouses, and, more recently, the migration of data stores and applications into the cloud.
At each of these junctures, organizations might also have undertaken a comprehensive review of their data assets, and implemented policies and procedures that would ensure ongoing data quality and data governance. Instead, most organizations settled for making their data just good enough to accomplish the desired technological upgrade.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Why Data Quality is Important - and Data Wrangling Is Difficult
3. Historical Approaches to Data Quality and Data Management
4. How BDA Buyers and Sellers Downplay Data Quality Issues
5. Beyond Analytic Insights: Benefits from Better Data Quality
6. New Data Preparation Tools Help Improve Data Quality and Governance
7. Big Data Could Also Be Better Data
8. Stratecast - The Last Word
9. About Stratecast
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4cqfj8/data_quality