MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Punchh (www.punchh.com), a brand-centric mobile customer engagement platform for restaurants, has developed and recently launched a loyalty app for TGI Fridays UK, the original casual American dining bar and grill in the United Kingdom. The restaurant loyalty app will allow TGI Fridays UK fans to register for birthday rewards and participate in a mobile game to win prizes redeemable at TGI Fridays locations across the UK.
With its cloud-based, POS-integrated mobile CRM platform, Punchh will help TGI Fridays UK to better engage guests on their smartphones as well as give them an opportunity to earn custom-built rewards on purchases. Guests will receive a free appetizer by registering for the app via Facebook or email as well as up to six cocktails, mocktails or dessert items for their birthdays and half-birthdays per entrée purchased. The loyalty app also includes an in-app game called Match It, Win It where guests have opportunities to win prizes by scanning the barcode on their receipt after every TGI Fridays UK visit. To win, guests will have to play a matching game to get two corresponding images to receive a free Jack Daniel’s Burger, Veggie Burger, a cocktail, dessert or side. If two chosen circles do not uncover two matching images, fans will receive a free bottomless soft drink meaning there is a prize every time, ensuring a happy ending to every Fridays visit.
“This new mobile loyalty program will allow TGI Fridays UK to better understand and connect with their guests on a more personal level,” said Vic Mahadevan, CEO of Punchh. “Due to the importance and popularity of technology and smartphones, it is crucial for brands to interact with their fans on the devices that they’re using 24/7. TGI Fridays UK will not only see the various nuances of each guests’ preferences, but all also be able to tailor messaging to them through the new app.”
“At Fridays we are always looking at new, fun ways to engage with our guests and our app does just that,” said Karen Forrester, CEO of TGI Fridays UK. “We love to embrace the latest technology and this partnership has allowed us to really drive the Fridays experience into the hands of our guests, offering unrivalled rewards and benefits starting as soon as the app is downloaded.”
Punchh is a mobile CRM platform for restaurants, which includes branded mobile apps for consumer engagement, big data customer analytics and integration with POS, social media and other third-party systems. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, the Punchh patent-pending technology operates in stores under a variety of premier brands. The Punchh Platform helps restaurants engage their consumers and increase same-store sales, repeat rates, online reviews, new customer referrals and marketing campaign performance. For more information, please visit www.punchh.com.
About TGI Fridays UK
TGI Fridays offers authentic, contemporary, and full-flavoured American food, signature cocktails, and a lively, personalised experience. With a continually evolving menu overseen by award-winning executive chef Terry McDowell, it’s the perfect stop for free-poured, personalised cocktails served by Fridays Master Bartenders, a quick tasty bite, or a longer dinner with friends. Fridays opened its first UK restaurant in Birmingham in March 1986. There are now 70 Fridays in the UK.
TGI Fridays UK Fast Facts
- TGI Fridays UK was named ‘Best Big Company to Work for in the UK’ in this year’s Sunday Times Best Companies to Work for 2015
- Fridays introduced mistletoe drones to the UK for Christmas 2014 – see the video which went around the world here
- Fridays holds the Guinness World Record for the most people simultaneously cocktail flairing - check out the video here
- You’ll see a lot of cocktails on the menu of many bars internationally that were first created at Fridays, which has 500 cocktails on its menu - and our master bartenders know every single one!
- Fridays was the first national chain to achieve a rating of five in the National Food Hygiene Ratings Scheme in every restaurant
- Fridays has achieved a One Star Rating from the Sustainable Restaurant Association (SRA), underlining the company’s commitment to sustainability and the environment
- Fridays was awarded ‘Restaurateur of the Year’ at the annual Catey Awards 2015
- The new TGI Fridays UK app is available to download now, free of charge, on iOS and Android devices – simply search for “TGI Fridays UK” in the app store