WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With the rising costs of tuition and fees, financing your college education can be stressful. GEICO strives to lessen that burden through the GEICO IT Scholarship Program.
GEICO has launched a new scholarship program for college sophomores and juniors interested in pursuing a career in IT. The program will award $5,000 scholarships for as many as six deserving undergraduate students, rewarding them for exceptional academic records, demonstrated leadership, and campus involvement.
“We want to empower young technology leaders to reach their full potential by removing financial barriers. We are pledging our support to deserving students who have a passion for technology,” said Steve Smith, vice president of IT.
GEICO is now accepting applications for its IT scholarship program. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled fulltime in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited four-year college or university
- Plan to remain enrolled full time for the entire 2016-2017 academic year
- Possess sophomore or junior status
- Have at least a 3.5 overall GPA
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, mathematics, human computer interaction, or a related technical degree program
- Have demonstrated leadership experience
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident
GEICO encourages eligible students to visit the IT Scholarship Program site to learn more and to apply. In addition to the completed application, participants will need to submit unofficial transcripts and complete a challenge project. 15 finalists will be selected, from which up to six recipients will be chosen.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 13 million private passenger customers, insuring more than 22 million vehicles (auto & cycle).
Using GEICO’s online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
For more information, go to www.geico.com.