LAKEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FirstBank, Colorado’s largest locally-owned bank, will be giving away limited-edition Never Summer snowboards and Icelantic skis to riders who follow clues and use detailed maps to locate one of 99 “orange cubes” hidden in the nooks and crannies of Copper Mountain or the 11 cubes hiding in Denver. Also new this year, players must follow clues that lead to one of 118 illustrated images on Instagram. Collectively, these images create a one-of-a-kind Copper Mountain Map.
FirstBank’s “Capture the Cube” contest will launch on Copper Mountain Nov. 21, 2015, and, for the first time ever, cubes will appear in Denver starting in January 2016. Here’s how to cube hunt:
- Follow @efirstbank on Instagram to get cube location clues before anyone else. Cube hunters can also get clues at www.capturethecube.com or by following FirstBank’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Search the illustrated map of Copper Mountain on capturethecube.com or at @capturethecube on Instagram. Find the hidden object that matches the clue to decipher where the cube is hiding.
- Unlock the Cube Finder App by sharing capturethecube.com with friends. Once on the mountain, the compass points in the direction of the cube.
- Find the cube at Copper Mountain, bring it to the FirstBank tent in the Village Center to claim the free Never Summer snowboard or skis.
- Brag and tag @efirstbank in all jealousy-inducing photos.
“As a Colorado-owned bank, we’re passionate about ski and snowboard season, so we want to help fellow Coloradoans own the mountain this winter,” said John Ikard, CEO of FirstBank Holding Company. “Capture the Cube is our way of reminding fellow Coloradoans that it’s still possible to receive something for free while celebrating their love for the slopes.”
FirstBank partnered with Never Summer Industries and Icelantic, two renowned Colorado-based manufacturers, to create the limited-edition FirstBank snowboard and skis. The Predator Series features a 3D wild animal Matroyshka graphic including wolf, bobcat, raccoon, and owl nesting dolls. The snowboard utilizes Never Summer’s patented R.C. (Rocker & Camber) technology for better edge-hold and stability. The Icelantic Nomad skis feature balanced flex, 2mm of camber underfoot, and a rockered tip and tail for the perfect all-mountain freeride ski.
The first cube drops on Copper Mountain on November 21 and details regarding the Denver Capture the Cube expansion will be announced soon. In the meantime, the countdown to the first cube is live at www.capturethecube.com.
FirstBank operates more than 120 locations in Colorado, Arizona and California. FirstBank is the largest locally owned banking organization in Colorado, serving more than 650,000 customers. Since 2000, FirstBank has contributed more than $50 million and thousands of volunteer hours to charitable organizations. FirstBank is unique in that a majority of its stock is owned by management and employees. For more information, go to www.efirstbank.com.
# # #