PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE: HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, today announced Christopher Sebes has been promoted to executive vice president and will serve as head of Heartland Commerce, a business group formed in February 2015 to help Heartland strengthen its position in hospitality and retail point-of-sale (POS) markets. Additionally, Jeremy Grunzweig joins the company in the newly formed role of senior vice president for the retail division of Heartland Commerce, reporting to Sebes.
Sebes is the former CEO of XPIENT Solutions, which Heartland acquired in November 2014. XPIENT provides advanced technology to 11 of the top 25 quick service and fast casual restaurant brands, including Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, Panera Bread and Panda Express. He reports to Robert Carr, Heartland chairman and CEO.
Grunzweig is the former chief operating officer of the Retail Division of MICROS Systems, which was acquired by Oracle in June 2014. He has extensive experience working with mid-market and enterprise retailers and brings a wealth of experience in the commerce space.
- Sebes has more than 20 years’ experience in the POS and software industries. He has a Higher National Diploma in hotel and restaurant management from the University of Portsmouth in England.
- Grunzweig earned a Bachelor of Science in applied economics and business management from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. He has more than 20 years’ experience in the enterprise-wide applications, services and hardware space for the hospitality and retail industries.
- Heartland Commerce, which delivers leading-edge POS and commerce solutions, payments processing capabilities and other business service applications, is comprised of XPIENT Solutions, pcAmerica, Dinerware, LiquorPOS, Digital Dining and other Heartland solutions.
- Heartland has more than 100,000 customer locations using its Heartland Commerce software.
- Robert O. Carr, chairman and CEO, Heartland
“These are exciting and happy times for Heartland. The increased responsibilities Christopher has assumed and the addition of Jeremy further cement Heartland Commerce as a major player in this important sector of our ecosystem. We are bringing leading enterprise resource planning functionality to small and mid-sized businesses across the country and our continued growth plans are impressive.”
- [Photo] Christopher Sebes
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about Heartland Commerce.
- Subscribe to Heartland Newsletter.
- RSS Feed for Heartland news releases.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: Heartland, Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland Commerce, commerce, payments, payment processing, point-of-sale, POS, Digital Dining, pcAmerica, Dinerware, XPIENT Solutions, LiquorPOS, Robert Carr, Christopher Sebes, Jeremy Grunzweig
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.