DUBAI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--McMurdo is extending its world-leading Search and Rescue Ecosystem with the launch of the SARBE CommLink at the Dubai Airshow. SARBE CommLink is a next-generation digital wireless intercom system that helps emergency response/rescue teams accelerate time-to-rescue with superior audio quality, long-distance communications range and unique programming capability.
With SARBE CommLink, the McMurdo SAR ecosystem – which has traditionally included distress beacons, satellite connectivity and mission control and rescue coordination systems – is now extended to include a military-grade communications solution as part of rescue operations. Rescue helicopters/aircraft, their crew and support teams can now use the next-generation McMurdo communications tool in mission-critical applications across the globe, including medevac, offshore transit, disaster recovery and SAR.
SARBE CommLink has been specifically designed for use in hazardous missions and environments. Rescue team members can maintain direct contact with remote support personnel, including hospital, law enforcement and other emergency staff, via SARBE CommLink’s long-range communications, multi-group functionality and helmet-based design. This helps to streamline the entire rescue process, resulting in faster casualty analysis, expedited medical response and more lives saved.
“The launch of SARBE CommLink is a major milestone towards realizing McMurdo’s journey to become the global leader in emergency readiness and response systems that prevent emergencies, protect assets and save lives,” said Remi Julien, McMurdo President.
“Throughout our history we have provided search and rescue agencies worldwide with the products and systems to identify, locate and monitor emergency situations. Now, we can provide rescue operators – whether in the military or other government agencies – with an innovative communications tool that saves precious time and will be a core element of the actual rescue, one that is backed by over 70 years of SARBE brand military industry excellence,” Julien added.
Find out about the McMurdo SAR Ecosystem and SARBE CommLink here: http://info.mcmurdogroup.com/SARBE-Military-Resource-Page.html
NOTES TO EDITORS
How the end-to-end satellite-based SAR Ecosystem works:
- A beacon distress signal is sent from aircraft, marine vessel or individual
- Beacon positioning/location data is relayed by satellite communications to satellite ground stations or Local User Terminals (LUTs)
- The Local User Terminal computes the location before sending alerts to the appropriate Mission Control Centers (MCC)
- The Mission Control Center collects, stores and sorts the data received from LUTs and other MCCs and distributes alerts to associated Rescue Coordination Centers (RCC)
- The Rescue Coordination Center notifies and coordinates emergency response/rescue teams
- Emergency response/rescue teams engage in rescue operation using Mission Aircraft Solutions such as McMurdo’s recently announced SARBE CommLink system.
SARBE CommLink adds mission aircraft solutions to McMurdo’s unique ecosystem that encompasses distress beacons, satellite connectivity infrastructure, monitoring/positioning software and emergency response management solutions.
- Secure digital communications with clear audio quality, no loss VOX and Dual Band – VHF/UHF with option for direct communication via maritime VHF
- Multiple pre-programmed groups allow rapid simultaneous communication within operational teams
- Self-adapting, integrated, noise cancellation microphone improves audio clarity in the most challenging aircraft or operational environments, increasing efficiency of communication and the safety of response teams
- Built-in microphone allows SAR teams to communicate with on-scene personnel without having to remove helmets
- Fully ruggedized and certified submersible to IP68
- Integrated global positioning system and automatic identification system within the handset allows ground asset tracking
- Multiple operational modes – headset, walkie talkie, P2P
- Robust 10km intercom range and long battery life, with automatic power adaption
- Remote keying of aircraft communications, aircraft VHF access extends speed and flexibility of operational communication
- Base station night vision goggles limit light impact where night vision technology is deployed
- Built-in AIS SART
SARBE is the military product brand of McMurdo. SARBE Personal Locator Beacons are carried by fast jet aircrew around the world as part of their essential flight equipment and are also used by armed forces and personnel in hazardous conditions to ensure accurate location and critical communications for fast recovery. McMurdo’s portfolio of military-grade beacons, transmitters and combat search and rescue solutions has been unsurpassed since World War II.
SARBE has, for 70 years, supported tri-forces on every continent while defining military standards for search and rescue technology and endurance. SARBE’s global customers include leading militaries in four continents, as well as coast guard, SAR and marine service organizations across the world. SARBE’s latest addition to its product portfolio includes SARBE CommLink, a next-generation digital intercom system which extends McMurdo’s unique end-to-end search and rescue infrastructure ecosystem to include SAR Aircraft Communications.
McMurdo SARBE CommLink Applications
Search and Rescue (SAR) Helicopter:
CommLink’s pre-programmed groups, with a choice of operational modes and remote keying to leverage aircraft communication, ensure operational teams can have unparalleled flexibility and confidence in their communication options. The digital handset’s range of up to 10km, with superior audio quality via the built in microphone, no loss VOX, Press To Talk (PTT) and noise cancellation features, ensures optimal communication for teams on hazardous air missions.
Fire-fighting / Mountain Helicopter
For wild fire ground teams, mountain rescue or medevac crews separated from their aircraft, CommLink maintains contact with support teams through a robust range, dual band, long battery life with automatic power adaption and fully submersible rugged construction. The integral personalized Automatic Identification System and Global Positioning System of the CommLink handset also ensures both individual location clarity and crew tracking in the most demanding environments.
For helicopter-deployed military teams, the CommLink’s four, pre-programmed groups allow rapid simultaneous or selective communication. The remote radio keying feature allows access to the aircraft’s VHF radio, greatly extending the speed and flexibility of operational communications. The secure digital wireless intercom’s superior audio, flexibility and ease of use continues SARBE’s reputation for highly robust solutions designed to support tri-force operations.
The CommLink wireless intercom offers greater audio quality and versatile connectivity via the full duplex and dual band features, including self-adapting noise cancellation and microphone that allows advanced situational awareness in high noise environments or pressurized logistical operations. These are the scenarios where clarity between load masters, pilot, ground teams and control tower can save time and, potentially, lives.
McMurdo is a global leader in emergency readiness and response, including search and rescue and maritime domain awareness solutions. At the core of these solutions are resilient positioning, navigation and tracking products, technologies and systems that have helped to save over 37,000 lives since 1982. A division of Orolia, McMurdo brings together nearly 150 combined years of experience by consolidating proven Boatracs, Kannad, McMurdo, SARBE and Techno-Sciences, Inc. brands into the industry’s first end-to-end emergency readiness and response ecosystem (distress beacons, satellite connectivity infrastructure, monitoring/positioning software and emergency response management solutions). Airbus, Boeing, the British Royal Navy, the U.S. Coast Guard, NASA and others are among the hundreds of aviation, fishing and government, marine and military customers around the world that trust McMurdo to prevent emergencies, protect assets and save lives. Established in January 2014, it has offices in France (Guidel and Sophia Antipolis), the UK (Portsmouth) and the USA (San Diego and Washington, DC).