SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Redfin (www.redfin.com), the next-generation real estate brokerage, today announced the debut of its home buying and selling services in Birmingham, Alabama. In addition to working with local, Redfin-employed real estate agents, people can search Redfin.com and the Redfin iOS and Android apps for all the agent-listed homes for sale in the greater Birmingham metro area.
“Redfin gives the real estate industry a touch of Southern hospitality,” said Jim Carollo, expansion manager at Redfin. “Our customers often say their Redfin real estate agent is more like an old friend or trusted advisor helping them make the right decision than a salesperson trying to close a deal. We’re excited to serve as advocates and offer our world-class technology to homebuyers and sellers in Birmingham.”
To grow the brokerage locally, Redfin hired real estate agent and Birmingham native Joy Reynolds. Reynolds has been in real estate for nine years, most recently as an agent at Century 21. She was attracted to Redfin because of its business model rooted in customer advocacy and transparency.
“Birmingham may be the largest city in Alabama, but its charming downtown and civically involved residents make it feel like a small town,” said Reynolds. “I’m thrilled to bring Redfin to my hometown because I believe it offers the best way to buy or sell a home.”
Redfin was founded in Seattle in 2006 with the mission to reinvent real estate to benefit consumers, and has steadily expanded to 81 major U.S. cities. The Redfin model is different from traditional brokerages in how it combines advanced technology with full-service agents who are paid a salary, receive benefits and earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. All reviews for Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
Because most of Redfin’s customers discover the company through its website, Redfin agents spend all their time working with existing clients and zero time looking for new business. As a result, Redfin operates very efficiently, and can pass along savings to its clients.
Redfin agents charge a 1.5 percent listing fee for sellers, rather than the typical 3 percent, while providing a complete home-selling service including pricing and staging advice, free professional photography and marketing. Someone selling a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent would save $4,500. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $200 million in real estate fees.
With the arrival of Redfin comes a host of technology features that benefit both website users and brokerage clients:
- Book It Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: High-resolution, interactive views from every angle inside homes listed with a Redfin agent. (coming soon)
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Redfin Hot Homes: Proprietary algorithm that indicates which homes for sale are likely to sell within two weeks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Open Book: A resource for buyers and sellers that includes reviews of lenders, inspectors, title companies, handypeople and stagers, as well as feedback from Redfin agents.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a next-generation real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded by technologists, Redfin employs a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not just commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools, built by its own software engineers, that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.