NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oliver Wyman has launched Oliver Wyman Health, a digital platform designed to convene influencers and thought leaders, facilitate insight sharing, and provide access to deep analysis and expertise for the industry and media. As the healthcare world changes and leaders look for direction, guidance, and new ideas, Oliver Wyman Health offers a virtual community for diffusing proven value-based solutions, reinforcing the mission of the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) to drive industry transformation.
“Oliver Wyman Health brings together the best and brightest from across the industry to share their insights on how to radically improve health today and what’s needed for the future. This platform enables the type of collaboration that is essential to bring the most innovative ideas and business models to scale,” says Terry Stone, global managing partner of Oliver Wyman’s Health & Life Sciences practice.
Key distinctions of the platform include:
- Carefully curated content organized around four central business challenges of transforming healthcare: Engage Consumers, Transform Care, Drive Innovation, and Maximize Value
- Timely observations from industry thought leaders and influencers, as well as global experts across Oliver Wyman, and direct connections through email
- Voices and viewpoints from payers, providers, pharma, and digital health startups
- Extensive use of shareable infographics for snapshots of key trends and issues
- Executive conversations to capture Q&A sessions with senior leaders
- Immediate social sharing capabilities with “actionable insights”
- Email newsletter that provides latest updates
Recent interviews and contributions include perspectives from visionary venture capitalist Esther Dyson, Iora Health CEO Dr. Rushika Fernandopulle, Walmart Payer Relations VP Marcus Osborne, HealthPartners CEO Mary Brainerd, MATTER startup incubator CEO Steven Collens, and HudsonAlpha’s genomics expert Howard Jacob.
An additional sampling of the timeliness of perspectives, diversity of viewpoints, and depth of analysis includes:
- Comcast’s Shawn Leavitt & Accolade’s Tom Spann and how their innovative arrangement changes employee health benefits engagement
- Newtopia CEO Jeff Ruby on Genetic Testing & Personalized Disease Prevention and how in a randomized control trial with Aetna, Newtopia’s programs led to savings and a positive return on investment in the program’s first year
- Ready or Not – CMS Initiates the Next Wave of Payment Reform in which Oliver Wyman Chief Medical Officer and leading actuaries tackle the looming question of aligning incentives to meet the new CMS guidance
- Lisa Suennen: Thoughts on the Digital Health Gold Rush where leading venture capital advisor shares view of the dynamic digital health space
- Southwest’s Cheryl Hughey: Without a Heart, It’s Just a Machine and lessons learned in driving great customer service that might resonate in healthcare as the industry adopts a more consumer-centric focus
- Like Many Industries Before It, Will Healthcare Face a Collapse of the Middle? on how the one size fits all model of yesterday is being replaced by innovative players serving the needs of distinct customer segments and purchase occasions
For the latest content from Oliver Wyman Health visit the site, subscribe to the newsletter, and follow on Twitter @OWHealthEditor. If you are interested in contributing to Oliver Wyman Health please contact Charlotte Rowe at OWHealth.Editor@oliverwyman.com. For media inquiries, please contact Kathryn Weismantel at email@example.com.
About Oliver Wyman and its Health & Life Sciences Practice
With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information on Oliver Wyman visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman’s Health & Life Sciences practice serves clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, provider, and payer sectors with strategic, operational, and organizational advice. Deep healthcare knowledge and capabilities allow the practice to deliver fact-based solutions.
Oliver Wyman launched the Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) in 2011 dedicated to promoting positive change in healthcare. OWHIC champions innovation by disseminating proven innovations; envisioning market-based solutions to today’s and tomorrow’s challenges; and establishing a cross-industry community of thought-leaders to share and shape ideas.
For the latest on the business of transforming healthcare, visit Oliver Wyman Health digital platform at health.oliverwyman.com.